Requirements & Application Process
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- 21 years of age or older, if applying for volunteer driver
- All volunteers must complete an application and consent to a background check
- Volunteer must attend an orientation session and, additional training, if position requires it
Forms of Valid Identification for Background Checks
- Current driver's license issued by any of the United States or any of its territories.
- Current Texas photo identification issued by state
- Current U.S. Military identification
- Current U.S. Passport
- Current Student/Work Visa
- Resident card issued by the federal government of the United States
- Any photo identification issued by a U.S.Governemt agency
Volunteer should complete an online application that contains a background check authorization.
The link to the online application is: https://volunteer.fwisd.org
- Background Check
After an application is completed and submitted, it automatically transfers to the database of the Office of Professional Standards for a background check.
An email will be sent alerting volunteer whether or not the background check cleared and, therefore, the volunteer is “approved” or not “approved.”
If background check does not clear, the volunteer will receive an email informing him or her of the status. They will be directed to call the Office of Professional Standards for further information. 817.814.1888.
If background check does clear, the system will automatically send an email to the applicant and, at the same time, build a profile in the school volunteer database. However, approval is conditional to volunteer positions being available and the verification of the information provided, including the proper U.S. Government-issued photo identification. Verification of the ID will be completed at the school upon the volunteer's initial visit to campus.
Volunteer can proceed to call the school for current volunteer positions and any other requirements necessary prior to start.
Volunteers should attend orientation at the school or at the Professional Development Center. The District will work with individuals and Volunteer Coordinators to make this requirement easy and manageable.
School volunteer coordinators conduct placement.
Approved volunteers will be required to present a current photo identification issued by any U.S. Government agency at the school(s), the first time they volunteer. The main office will verify information provided in the application.
Volunteers must sign in and sign out every time the volunteer is at the campus.