Norman Robbins, Trustee - District 7
First elected 2004; Term expires 2021
Norman Robbins is a Fort Worth native. He holds Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degrees in business administration from Trinity University in San Antonio.
Mr. Robbins joined his wife and daughter in residential real estate following a thirty year career in community relations at Lockheed Martin. Prior to joining Lockheed Martin, Mr. Robbins was employed by the Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce in a variety of capacities which included economic development and governmental/urban affairs activities.
Mr. Robbins’ goals include eliminating the achievement gap among students and operating the school district in the most efficient/effective manner possible.
Mr. Robbins has worked with TCU’s School of Education Board of Visitors, the FWISD’s School and Community Partnerships Advisory Committee, Tarrant County Workforce Development Board, Big Brothers and Sisters and Communities in Schools.
Mr. Robbins is married with three grown children all of whom are FWISD graduates and three grandchildren.
- Past member, School of Education Board of Visitors, TCU
- Past member, FWISD School and Community Partnerships Advisory Committee
- Past founding Board member, Tarrant County Workforce Development
- Past Board member and President, Big Brothers and Sisters
- Past Board member and President, Communities in Schools
- Past founding Board member, Tarrant Literacy Coalition
Accomplishments of the Board of Education:
- Charged the District’s administrators with improving student achievement
- Developed and adopted Procedures and Standards of Practice for the Board resulting in a cohesive and committed team
- Established and utilized community advisory committees in the areas of technology, facilities, budget and audit functions
- Adopted policies that ensure transparency of operations
- Reinstated music and art into the curriculum for primary grades
- Developed the first strategic performance plan with high standards and accountability measures
- Defined staff responsibilities and accountability more clearly and implemented efficient and ethical business practices
Benbrook Elementary, Luella Merrett Elementary, Ridglea Hills Elementary, Waverly Park Elementary, Westpark Elementary, Applied Learning Academy, Benbrook Middle-High, Leonard Middle, Western Hills High School, International Newcomer Academy, World Languages Institute
Realtor, Williams Trew Real Estate