What can parents expect when they take their sons/daughters to the center?
Parents can expect:
• to be greeted by staff who speak English, Spanish, and other languages (interpreters available upon request)
• to receive information/assistance with:
– Student registration
– Initial placement assessment
– Bilingual/ESL program information
– Foreign transcript translations
– Bussing information
– Immunization information
– Fort Worth ISD information
– Online enrollment forms
– Lunch information
– Notary services
– Referrals to special programs
– Parent/Student Orientation
• to leave the Center with a packet of enrollment information to assign school (the packet will be a full or partial packet depending upon records parents bring with them)
• follow-up services such as visits to schools, translate foreign transcripts, assist with transportation issues and home visits, as needed
Is there a fee for the services provided by the center?
No, the Fort Worth ISD offers these services at no cost to the parent.