Board Meeting Agenda (click to expand)
Overview - Board Meeting Agenda and Procedures
Board of Education meetings are held in the Board Room at 2903 Shotts Street Fort Worth, TX 76107.
Following the posting of the Board meeting agenda, persons who wish to participate in either portion of the meeting shall sign up by contacting the Board of Education office by telephone at 817.814.1956 until 4:00 p.m. on the day of the meeting or by signing up with the presiding officer or designee at the Board meeting no later than 10 minutes prior to the start of the meeting. The total time for public comment shall not exceed one hour and speakers will be allowed on a time-available, priority basis; preference shall be given to those citizens who have not appeared before the Board within 30 days and citizens addressing items on the meeting agenda. No presentation shall exceed three minutes and time allotments for any one item shall not exceed 30 minutes. However, additional speakers on the same subject shall be allowed when all presentations have not exceeded the allotted one hour for public comment. Persons may not relinquish their time to another speaker and delegations of five or more persons and representatives of groups or organizations shall appoint one person to present their views before the Board with the time not to exceed five minutes. Board Policy BED (LOCAL)
- Video on Demand: View Current Agenda Material; Watch a meeting; View Archived Materials, Agenda Packets, Minutes
- FWISD Employees: Agenda material also available via Document Center. Go to Board of Education and choose Board Meeting Agendas folder.
- Board Policy online.
- Some months may have only one combined meeting due to school breaks.
- The Board may designate some meetings as a work/study session. No vote will be taken at such sessions, and speakers will not be scheduled to address the board. Notice of any change in the meeting time is provided 72 hours in advance.
- Executive (closed) meetings of the Board may be called to discuss personnel, real estate, litigation, negotiation, or hearings involving a student or an employee. No votes are taken in executive sessions.
Posting, Compliance, and Contact(s)
Board Agendas are posted and filed in compliance with the Open Meetings Law. The subjects to be discussed at each Board Meeting are listed on the agenda that is made part of the posting. Meetings will take place at the Fort Worth Independent School District Board Room, 2903 Shotts Street, Fort Worth, Texas. Agendas are available from the Board of Education Secretary, 817.814.1920. Please contact the Office of Governance for additional information at 817.814.1945.
PLEASE NOTE: To access the agenda for a particular meeting, simply click the relevant name to reveal all posted agendas. Click again to contract the listing.