- All students wanting to participate in a Program of Choice or School of Choice must apply, even if the program or school is at the student’s home school campus.
- Interested students must also apply to Programs and Schools of Choice when transitioning from one campus to another (example: elementary to middle; middle to high). This includes, but is not limited to, students at elementary Applied Learning Centers who want to attend the Applied Learning Academy and TABS Prep students wishing to continue at TABS High School.
Note: Students who transferred to their current school are not considered part of the feeder school pattern for that campus. They return to their attendance zone feeder school during the application and selection process. For example, if a
student whose home school is Monnig Middle School transfers to McLean Middle School, Paschal High School does NOT become the student’s home high school. If wanting to attend Paschal, the student MUST APPLY to a Paschal Program of Choice.
The application deadline is December 7, 2018, at 5 p.m.
HOW TO APPLY
For your convenience, apply online at www.fwisd.org/choice. If you have more than one child, complete an online application for each child applying for a Program of Choice or School of Choice. Falsifying information on the Choices application will invalidate it, and the student’s application will be excluded from the selection process.
Admission is based on a computer-generated selection process.
Students will be given the following weighted ranking order during the lottery process as determined through Board Policy:
Gold Seal Programs of Choice
(Including Como Montessori and Daggett Montessori)
- Students living in the school’s attendance zone
- Siblings of resident students who are concurrently enrolled in the school’s Program of Choice
- Children of resident District employees
- Students living in the District but outside of the attendance zone
- Children of non-resident District employees
- Students living outside of the District