How to Become a Substitute
We appreciate your interest in the Fort Worth Independent School District. To ensure that your application is given careful and timely consideration, please read the requirements for Substitute positions and carefully follow all instructions as written. Your application will have active status for one year from the date on which it is received. Applications and all file data become the property of the Fort Worth ISD and will become inactive after one year.
Please complete the appropriate online application for Substitute Teacher or Substitute Auxiliary. First time users will need to create a user ID and a password in order to complete an application. Please record your ID and password so that you will be able to go back to your application to make changes or updates as needed.
All information requested must be attached to or completed on the application form. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
After the application is completed, applicants will be emailed by HCM acknowledging receipt of the application. Information regarding the required documents and processes will be provided
- State Driver’s License or State Issued ID
- Social Security Card
- Completed Criminal Record Check Form
- For Substitute Teachers: An official transcript (Must be Original) from an accredited college or university listing a minimum of 60 college hours from an accredited college or university. (Transcripts must reflect all coursework. To qualify for the higher rate of pay, the transcript must show the conferred Bachelor Degree. All foreign transcripts must be equivocated, course by course, through an approved agency.) If your institution provides Escripts please have them email it us directly at Karen.email@example.com
- For Substitute Auxiliary: An official high school diploma or G.E.D. certificate. (Must be Original)
- Two professional references – Reference forms and/or letters must be signed and dated within the last year. (Click to download Reference form)
Following a successful interview and offer of employment, all substitute applicants will be scheduled to attend the required employee orientation class before entering the classroom as a substitute. If you have any questions, please contact the Human Capital Management Department at 817-814-2781 for Substitute Auxiliary or 817-814-2746 for Substitute Teachers.