Board Meeting Minutes
Regular Board Meeting Minutes can be viewed on the Board Meeting Videos page.
Archived videos are arranged by date, with the most recent at the top of the list. Click Video to watch the meeting with documents, or Agenda / Minutes to see just the documents. You can also search the archives by typing keywords into the Search box.
Minutes for Board Workshops, Joint Meetings, and Special Meetings can be viewed below.
Board Meeting Minutes (click to expand)
>> Joint Meetings
>> Special Meetings
Overview - Board Meetings
Board of Education meetings are held in the Board Room at 2903 Shotts Street Fort Worth, TX 76107.
Speakers may sign up (1) until one hour before the start of the meeting, by contacting the Board of Education office at 817.814.1920 or (2) by arriving early on the day of the meeting to fill out a "speaker card" to be turned in to a Communications staff member before the meeting is gaveled to order. Each speaker is allowed to speak once for three minutes and minutes may not be transferred. Public comment is to last no longer than one hour; cards will be numbered in the order they are received.
- BoardBook Archived Material: Notices, Agenda Packets, Minutes (prior to September 2009)
- Video on Demand: View Current Agenda Material; Watch a meeting; View Archived Materials, Agenda Packets, Minutes
- FWISD Employees: Agenda material also available via Document Center. Go to Board of Education and choose Board Meeting Agendas folder.
- Board Policy online.
- Some months may have only one combined meeting due to school breaks.
- The Board may designate some meetings as a work/study session. No vote will be taken at such sessions, and speakers will not be scheduled to address the board. Notice of any change in the meeting time is provided 72 hours in advance.
- Executive (closed) meetings of the Board may be called to discuss personnel, real estate, litigation, negotiation, or hearings involving a student or an employee. No votes are taken in executive sessions.
Posting, Compliance and Contact(s)
Board Agendas are posted and filed in compliance with the Open Meetings Law. The subjects to be discussed at each Board Meeting are listed on the agenda that is made part of the posting. Meetings will take place at the Fort Worth Independent School District Board Room, 2903 Shotts Street, Fort Worth, Texas. Agendas are available from the Board of Education Secretary, 817.814.1920. Please contact the Office of Governance for additional information at 817.814.1945.
PLEASE NOTE: To access the agenda for a particular meeting, simply click the relevant name to reveal all posted agendas. Click again to contract the listing.