Diamond Hill School 1905
The first school in the Diamond Hill area was built in 1885. It was named Ellis school. Ellis school was in the Marine Common school district, number 21. It was a small one room wooden structure located on NE 29th st.
Diamond Hill School 1916
In 1886, the structure was moved to a new site -215 NE 14th st. and another room was added. It became known as Marine school.
Diamond Hill School 1938
The children in the Diamond Hill area walked two to four miles to school daily .By 1891 the school become overcrowded and a two story wooden building was constructed in 1892.
Special thanks to Mrs. Rita Clanton and Mrs. Ellen Starr