Welcome to Archives
Billy W. Sills Center for Archives
The Billy W. Sills Center for Archives of the Fort Worth ISD supports the philosophy of the District and has as its primary role the acquisition and preservation of any and all materials associated with the District.
Soon after becoming a social studies teacher, Billy Sills began collecting artifacts and other material about the Fort Worth ISD and its history. In 1963 he was appointed the first full-time social studies consultant, with the help of the Fort Worth Council for the Social Studies and others, the archives continued to grow. The Board of Education honored him 1983 by naming the archives Billy W. Sills Center for Archives of the Fort Worth ISD.
- To collect and preserve educational artifacts and related materials for posterity.
- To exhibit those materials to the public in an interesting and informative fashion.
- To make the collection available to educators and students for scholarly study and research.
- To collaborate with local schools and community groups in the study of educational history.
- Athletic Memorabilia
- Board Minutes
- Courses of Study
- Fort Worth ISD Data
- Individual School Data
- Microfiche Records
- PTA Scrapbooks
- School Annuals / Yearbooks / School newspapers
- Newspaper clipping
- WPA records / photos
The Archives Center houses a variety of artifacts for public viewing.
- Early and current photographs
- Paintings from closed schools
- Facsimile of the Liberty Bell
- Replica of an early classroom
- Green B. Trimble's desk
- William M. Green's Chair
- Athletic Memorabilia - banners, trophies
- Equipment -typewriters, microscopes, mimescopes, stereoscopes
- Board photos and history
- Superintendent photos and history
9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Tuesday - Friday
2720 Cullen, 2nd Floor
Fort Worth, TX 76107
September 15, 2018
September 17, 2018
5:45 PM - 8:00 PM College Night 2018
October 8, 2018
8:00 AM Waiver Day
October 13, 2018
9:30 AM - 10:00 AM Billy W. Sills Lecture Series: The Evolution of Sundance Square