Benbrook Middle-High School Administrative Team
Michelle Schwalls (12th Grade)
- 2000, Graduated with a Bachelor Fine Arts in English, from University of Texas at Arlington
- 2011, Graduated with a Master of Education from Tarleton State University
- 2012, Superintendent Certification from Tarleton State University
- Ms. Schwalls began her teaching career in FWISD at Monnig Middle School teaching ELA, grades 7 & 8. After 11 years at Monnig, she moved to McLean 6th Grade Center for one year.
- After graduating with her Master's in Administration in 2011, she began writing middle school curriculum at the administration building.
- From 2014-2016, she returned to the classroom at McLean 6th Grade Center.
- In 2017, Ms. Schwalls began her Assistant Principal position at Benbrook Middle High School.
- She oversees the ELAR and Fine Arts Departments.
- Previously, Ms. Schwalls has been admin for 6, 7, and 9th graders.
- Currently, she is the administrator for the Senior Class of 2021.
- I am proud to be a former FWISD student who stayed in my community to give back all Fort Worth has given me. My love for communities, families, and watching students grow year after year drives my passion for education and student success.
Glorianne Mason (10th and 11th Grade)
- A native of South Louisiana.
- B.S. in Biology & Spanish from University of Louisiana, Monroe
- After graduation, Mrs. Mason moved to Texas an d pursued a career in education.
- Mrs. Mason has served in education for 16 years. She began teaching in 2004 as a high school science teacher for FWISD. After nine years in the classroom, she also served a an Instructional Coach for three years before becoming an Assistant Principal at Benbrook Middle High.
- For the past four years, Mrs. Mason has been blessed to be part of Benbrook Middle High School.
- She looks forward to collaborating with the Bobcat Community to help provide the best educational experience for students.
Phillip Adams (8th and 9th Grade)
- Mr. Adams is a 14 year veteran in education. He spent 6 years teaching Mathematic, 1 year as an instructional coach, and is now in his 8th year as an Assistant Principal, 6 of which have been as a proud Benbrook Bobcat.
- Mr. Adams attended Texas A&M University where he received a Bachelors of Arts in Mathematics, and a Minor in Education.
- He then went on to receive a Masters degree in Education Administration from University of Texas, Arlington.
- When Mr. Adams isn't at school, he enjoys spending time with his wife and two kids, playing basketball with friends, and going to Texas A&M football games.
- You may see him running up and down Westpark, if you do, feel free to give a honk or a wave.
Michelle Grubbs (6th and 7th Grade)
- 1999, Bachelor of Science, Chemistry
- 2015, Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction
- Ms. Grubbs started her teaching career in Weatherford ISD at Tison Middle School, teaching 8th grade Science.
- After graduating with her Master's in curriculum and Instruction in 2015, she began working for Fort Worth ISD as a Data Analyst at Benbrook Middle High School.
- In 2019, she was the Grant Coordinator at Dunbar High School, here in FWISD.
- This is Ms. Grubbs first year as an Assistant Principal at Benbrook Middle High School.
- She oversees the Social Studies and Athletic Departments and is the administrator for the 6th and 7th grade classes.
- I am a proud mom of 19-year-old twins, that are both student athletes in college. My son is studying Aviation and plays tennis at Letourneau University in Longview, TX, and my daughter is studying Hospitality Management and is a cheerleader at the University of Kentucky in Lexington Kentucky.
- I aim to bring an open mind, a positive attitude, and high expectations to the BMHS each day