(Cristian Romero, Erick Mendieta-Rubio, Kenya Arrevalo, Gerardo Garza, Chase DiIulio)
The Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps (JROTC) offers an outstanding elective course for young men and women. It emphasizes leadership development, self-discipline, and responsible patriotic citizenship. Students are taught confidence, leadership, and inter-personal relations. Strong emphasis is placed on integrity, personal worth, and physical fitness.
Western Hills has the only Air Force ROTC program within FWISD.
2017-2018 Top Group Leadership
- Group Commander: Cadet Lieutenant Colonel Erick Mendieta-Rubio
- Deputy Group Commander: Cadet Major Kenya Arrevalo
- Director of Operations: Cadet Major Gerardo Garza
- Mission Support Director: Cadet Major Veny Martinez
- Command Chief Master Sergeant: Cadet Chief Master Sergeant Venyelys Ayala
- Lightning Squadron (Periods 1-3; Flights Alpha, Bravo and Charlie): Cadet Captain Kyana Spencer
- Raptor Squadron (Periods 4-6; Flights Delta, Echo and Foxtrot): Cadet Captain Juan Rojas
- Spirit Squadron (Periods 0, 7 and 8; Flights Zulu, Golf and Hotel): Cadet Captain Chase DiIulio