United States Air Force Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps (AFJROTC)
The Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps (JROTC) offers an outstanding elective course and PE Credit for young men and women. It emphasizes leadership development, self-discipline, and responsible patriotic citizenship. Students who are Cadets in this program develop confidence, leadership, and inter-personal relations. Strong emphasis is placed on integrity, personal worth, and physical fitness. Cadets who are furthermore interested in an advanced course in aviation may also want to enroll in the Aviation Honors Ground School providing they are a Junior or Senior and have met certain JROTC prerequisites in their Freshman and Sophomore years.
Western Hills has the only Air Force JROTC program within FWISD which is referred to as Group TX-863 (the third AFJROTC unit formed in Texas in 1986).
Integrity First, Service Before Self, Excellence In All We Do!
2019-2020 Top Group Leadership
- Group Commander: Cadet Lieutenant Colonel Chase Diiulio
- Deputy Group Commander: Cadet Major Dulce Martinez
- Director of Operations: Cadet Major Eric Bowie
- Deputy Director of Operations: Cadet Captain Roy Castellanos
- Mission Support Director: Cadet Major Alondra Muñoz
- Deputy Mission Support Director: Cadet Captain Jordan Douglas-Jones
- Executive Officer: Cadet Captain Wyatt Adams
- Special Projects Officer: Cadet Captain Nicole Padron
- Command Chief Master Sergeant: Cadet Chief Master Sergeant Erika Velazco
- Lightning Squadron Commander (Periods 1-4; Flights Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Charlie-Alpha, and Delta): Cadet Captain Guillermo SanJuan
- Raptor Squadron Commander (Periods 4-8; Flights (Echo, Foxtrot, Golf and Hotel ): Cadet Captain Jeremiah Enriquez