Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice Sam Houston State University
Mrs. Vanita Bell
Stay-in-School-Coordinator (Truancy Interventionist)
As a Stay-In-School-Coordinator, I am responsible for enforcing the compulsory school attendance requirements by applying prevention, intervention and counseling tactics to our students.
- work to reduce the truancy and dropout rate in high school
- work with the middle, elementary and alternative schools in our assigned pyramid.
- make contact with students and parents regarding the student’s attendance through letters, conferences, phone calls and home visits.
- make outside social service referrals as needed based on circumstances for absences.
- prepares court documentation with approval from administrators to file either a criminal case against the parent or a civil case against the student for truancy.
- reviews referrals and attendance data to identify students who are truant
- keep the administration, staff, families and the community updated on truancy laws.
I graduated from Sam Houston State University with a B.S. in Criminal Justice. I am a First Generation Student. I am a product of FWISD, as well as have worked in the district since 2009.