Degrees and Certifications:
Masters of Science in Criminal Justice Capella University Bachelor of Arts University of Louisiana Lafayette
Ms. Natalie Cole
I’m the Stay-In-School-Coordinator (Truancy Interventionist) for the entire Western Hills Pyramid. As a Stay-In-School-Coordinator I am responsible for enforcing the compulsory school attendance requirements by applying prevention, intervention and counseling tactics with our students.
- work to reduce the truancy and dropout rate
- office is located out of a high school but also work with the middle, elementary and alternative schools in our assigned pyramid.
- make contact with students and parents regarding the student’s attendance through letters, conferences, phone calls and home visits.
- make outside social service referrals as needed based on circumstances for absences.
- prepares court documentation with approval from administrators to file either a criminal case against the parent or a civil case against the student for truancy.
- reviews referrals and attendance data to identify students who are truant
- keeps Administration, staff, families and the community updated on truancy laws
Previously, I worked as a Juvenile and Adult Probation Officer for 13 years.