North Side High School offers a quality Counseling Porgram
School counselors provide social and emotional services. Our counselors plan programs to meet the CDC’s Mental Health and Wellness Guidelines for Schools. The guidelines come in the following categories: Healthy Relationships, Mental and Emotional Health, Alcohol/Drugs and Tobacco Prevention, Violence Prevention, and Personal Safety.
Social and Emotional Services: click here
- A counselor who can set challenging educational, career, and personal-social goals that are based on self-knowledge and information about school, the world of work, and their society.
- A counselor who can assess and handle serious psychological and emotional problems and assist the family in getting treatment.
- Serve as a liaison with the counseling and treatment community.
- Training in age-appropriate, objective-based activities.
- Consultation, counseling and referral for families going through divorce, grief and loss or other stressful experiences.
- Assistance in conflict resolution to students.
- The organization and presentation of preventative programs.
Academic development includes acquiring the attitudes, knowledge and skills that contribute to effective learning in school and across the life span.
Academic Services: click here
- Strategies to achieve success such as organization, time management, study habits, critical thinking skills, and goal setting.
- Guiding students to choose from a wide range of substantial post-secondary options with an emphasis on college.
- Understanding the relationship of academics to the world of work.
- Amberton University
- Student Services
- University of North Texas
- University of Oklahoma
- Maria Blanchard
- Valerie Cail
- Jamie Culp
- Angela Durham
- Mary Sela Escobar
- Daniel Guerrero
- Maria Ibarra
- Irma Magana
- Mary Markos-Jian
- Dr. Jackie Miller
- Juan Sauceda