Some Fall 2020 Guidelines for Spectators . . .
Good morning Steer Family,Below you will find some information provided by the FWISD Athletic Department regarding the 2020 Football Season. This information is set district wide and must be followed. It is a lengthy email but there are a lot of details provided for those that may have questions. I will continue to share information as it comes to me.
FORT WORTH ISD COVID-19 ATHLETIC GUIDELINES FOR COMPETITION
School districts have been granted the opportunity to host athletic contests provided we adhere to certain guidelines. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and compliance.
Per the Executive Order GA-29 of Governor Gregg Abbott and the University Interscholastic League (UIL), the wearing of face coverings are required to attend all UIL activities. Additionally, our facility capacity is limited to 50%.
In addition to guidelines for fans, the Texas Education Agency and University Interscholastic League provided guidelines that all Fort Worth ISD teams and opponents will adhere to during athletic competition. These guidelines will change with direction from local and state agencies.
Any individual who is confirmed to have, suspected of having, are experiencing symptoms of, or has been in close contact with an individual who has been confirmed to have COVID-19, SHOULD NOT ENTER this facility.
Once you have entered and are looking for a place to sit you should practice safe social distancing and sit in groups of less than 10 and only with people whom you have had recent close contact with such as family members or people who accompanied you to the contest with.
Upon entrance to this facility ALL fans must wear a face covering as described in the Executive Order GA-19.
- Fans must wear a mask to enter FWISD facilities.
- Fans are responsible for maintaining six feet of distance at all times in the stands.
- Groups of 10 or less that arrive together from the same household or vehicle may sit together as long as they maintain six feet of distance from other groups.
- All home and visitor seating is on a first come, first serve basis. No season tickets, no reserved seating, and no saving seats.
- All spectators are encouraged to keep their masks on unless they are consuming food or drink.
- When a game is completed, we ask that all fans leave the facility.
- FWISD Athletic Department and FWISD Safety and Security will have workers in the stands directing fans on which exit to use as they depart the seating areas.
- Parents will not be allowed in the locker room area at the conclusion of the game.
- All tickets will be purchased on-line. No tickets will be sold at the ticket booths.
- Ticket prices for games is $6.00
- Spectators are encouraged to purchase their tickets online prior to arrival for varsity games to guarantee a seat. Instructions on how to purchase a ticket for the contest will be available at the gate.
- Seating capacity at Farrington Field is 3,000 seats per side. Seating capacity at Clark Stadium is 2,000 seats per side.
- NO PASSES will be accepted for entry to the football games.
- Gates will open one hour prior to kick-off of football games.
- NO RE-ENTRY. Spectators will be asked to purchase a new ticket if room is still available.
- Spectators are responsible for social distancing in the stands.
- FWISD stadiums are tobacco free facilities and tobacco use is prohibited.
- School bands of no more than 50 members will be allowed at the contest.
- Bands will not march at halftime.
- Designated areas of the stadium will be assigned to the band.
- No Flag Corps members will be allowed onto the field area this year.
- With prior notification from the school administrator a spirit group dressed in identical attire in school colors representing the school will be admitted into the stands.
- Drill/Dance Teams of no more than 20 members will be allowed to perform at halftime of the Varsity contest.
- Concessions will be available for purchase at Central Site Facilities.
- Fans are expected to remain socially distant while waiting in line to purchase concessions. Social Distancing spaces will be clearly marked on the ground.
- No outside food will be allowed to be brought into the stadium by fans.
Clear Bag Policy:
- FWISD has instituted a clear bag policy.
- 12” X 6” X 12” Clear Totes
- Plastic Storage Bags (1 Gallon)
- 16” X 13” Clear and Mesh Drawstring Bags
- 4.5” X 6.5” Small Clutch Bags
- Metal Detectors will not be used at Stadiums
Prohibited Items from Entering the Stadium:
- Unmanned aircraft systems
- Weapons of any kind, including pocket/utility knives
- Food or Beverages
- Illegal drugs and substances
- Coolers or containers, including cans and bottles
- Fireworks, pyrotechnics and/or flares
- Laser pointers
- Animals, other than service dogs assisting those with disabilities
- Noisemakers, bullhorns, air horns, whistles and metallic “shaker cans”
- Banners and flags
- Balloons, beach balls and any type of ball
- Any alcoholic beverages
- Folding and/or standalone chairs
- Bandanas or any gang related items or clothing
- Any obscene, vulgar or sexually explicit clothing
- Metal hair picks and/or sharp objects
- No skateboards or bicycles
- No paper/hand-held signs
It is with great pleasure that I announce to you all that we have our first Division 1 Football Player! Da'Wain Lofton has received three Division 1 Offers!Da’Wain made the 2019 Texas Associated Press Sports Editor Class 5A All-State Football Team!Please congratulate Da'Wain when you see him. This is great for him, his family, and North Side Football! GoSteers!
US Rep Marc Veasey Praises Steers in Congress
NBC News Explores Steer Greatness
- Dallas Baptist University; Louisiana College
- Emporia State University; Concordia University
- Harding University
- Southeastern Oklahoma State University
- Texas Christian University
- University of North Texas
- University of Texas-Arlington
- University of Texas-San Antonio
- Alan Armendez
- Ricky Babcock
- Garth Briggeman
- Tracey Cravens
- Kelsey Daniels
- Matthew Dean
- Leslie Dula
- Krystal Esparza
- James Ewert
- Carlos Flores
- Irwin Garcia
- Bruce Harrington
- Kevin Harrington
- Amy Hehs
- Robert Husbenet
- Bret Lane
- Christopher Lunsford
- Austin Peacock
- Juan Rios
- Arturo Rivas
Working Hard and Taking Honors in District 4-5A DII
Player Awards & Recognition
Da'Wain Lofton, MVP
Gabriel Martinez, Co-Defensive Newcomer
Coaching Awards & Recognition