TABS Counseling Program and Services
TABS Counseling is an integral part of our Early College High School education program. It provides a systematic, planned approach for helping all students acquire and apply basic life skills and makes optimal use of the special knowledge and skills of our counselors.
The foundation of our counseling program is to provide developmentally appropriate assistance for all students, and at the same time provide special assistance to those who need it.
Promoting Educational Success
Education both enriches our lives and empowers us with the knowledge and skills we need to succeed. Our counselors play a critical role in maximizing educational opportunities.
TABS school counselors collaborate with parents, teachers, and others to:
- prevent and eliminate barriers to learning
- help equip students with the personal and social skills they need to lead healthy, successful lives
- assist students in exploring and pursuing academic and career opportunities
- conflicts in relationships.
- life transitions.
- emotional crises.
- educational and career decisions.
- physical illness and disability.
TABS school counselors have specialized training and are committed to providing the help and support we may need to master the challenges of life.
Working in a diverse range of settings and with a variety of areas of specialized expertise, our counselors work with people of all ages, races, cultural backgrounds, and circumstances to help them maximize their potential, make positive changes in their lives, and achieve their goals.