Why We Are...Western Hills
- Western Hills warmly welcomes and serves 3 different special needs populations. They are LINC students, BIC students, and we are the Regional Day School for the Deaf. No other traditional high school in Fort Worth serves as diverse a population.
- The WHHS Choir consistently produces more Texas All-State Choir members than any other school in the district. We have sent more students to UIL State Contest than most if not all schools in the district.
- Western Hills Video students' documentary Stolen Springs: The Fight Over the Arbuckle-Simpson Aquifer helped change Oklahoma law.
- Western Hills theatre in conjunction with Arlington Heights theatre department hosts the H2O program, a summer musical workshop open to all FWISD students. H2O is currently in its 11th successful year.
- Western Hills students, teachers, and Arlington Heights students and other FWISD students starred in the Disney commissioned Documentary, High School Musical, the Music in You directed by Academy Award winning producer, Barbara Kopple.
- Western Hills Engineering program is partnered with Lockheed Martin Corporation and Weir Engineering the largest engineering firm in the world. Our Project Lead the Way Engineering program offers a pathway to college credit. Several WHHS students have received college credit from our program.
- Western is the only FWISD school to ever graduate a student with an IB diploma. Over the last 2 years the IB Diploma Program has graduated more than 20 candidates, 8 of which have received the difficult to obtain IB Diploma. Those who received the diploma were automatically granted 24 hours of college credit upon enrolling in a university.