Why We Are...Western Hills
- The first and only student-run online radio program in the district, started in 2017 by Mr. Paul Bielss, Audio/Video Production Teacher.
- Western Hills warmly welcomes and serves 3 different special needs populations. They are LINC students, SEAS students, and we are the Regional Day School for the Deaf. No other traditional high school in Fort Worth serves as diverse a population.
- The WHHS Choir consistently produced more Texas All-State Choir members than any other school in the district prior to 2013.
- Western Hills Video students' documentary Stolen Springs: The Fight Over the Arbuckle-Simpson Aquifer helped change Oklahoma law under the direction of Mr. Larry Boston, Audio/Video Production Teacher in 2013.
- Western Hills theatre, in conjunction with Arlington Heights theatre department, hosted the H2O program, a summer musical workshop open to all FWISD students. H2O ended after 11 successful years under the direction of Julia Worthington.
- Western Hills students, teachers, and Arlington Heights students and other FWISD students starred in the Disney-commissioned Documentary, High School Musical, The Music in You, directed by Academy Award-winning producer, Barbara Kopple.
- The Western Hills Engineering program is partnered with Lockheed Martin Corporation and Weir Engineering, the largest engineering firm in the world. Our Project Lead the Way Engineering program offers a pathway to college credit. Several WHHS students received college credit from our program prior to 2020.
- Western is the only FWISD school to ever graduate students with an IB diploma. Since 2013, the IB Diploma Program has graduated more than 100 candidates, and several have received the difficult to obtain IB Diploma. Those who received the diploma were automatically granted 24 hours of college credit upon enrolling at a university. The IB Program ended with the class of 2022.