Required Athletic Forms
Everyone who wants to participate in Athletics MUST complete the following:
A Pre-participation Physical and Medical History. Turn this into the Athletic Trainer (do not give to a coach or the office)
Print a form by clicking Physical Form.
UIL and FWISD required forms need to be completed and submitted electronically.
- Go to FWISD RankOneSports - click on "Fill Out Electronic Forms" in the top right
- Select TX from the state drop down box
- Select Fort Worth ISD from the school district list
- Click the Electronic Participation Forms tab and the list of forms will appear.
- Click on the top form in the list and complete the required information. Enter an email address in the box at the bottom of the form and Submit
Make sure to submit all 6 forms
If your physical is expiring soon or you do not have one, please be aware that every kid must have a current physical to participate. If your physical expired recently or expiring soon, you need to get a new one completed and turned in and it must be on the updated form.
JPS school-based clinic at Western Hills Elementary - they can use Medicare/Medicaid to get the physical. If they are undocumented or have no insurance, they can get on a program with JPS to get healthcare. They need to call and set an appointment to get the physical done (it isn't a walk-in clinic). (817) 702-4881
Texas Medical Institute - a walk-in clinic located at 6789 Camp Bowie Blvd. (817) 731-2102. They have been doing sports physicals for $20 this semester. Have parents call to confirm but this is a good place to go near here.
Concussion Baseline Requirement
All Athletes MUST get marked by the Athletic Trainer for having a valid score on the Concussion Baseline before participating in off-season or in-season Athletic activity.
- Football athletes must have a valid baseline before starting any contact
- Any other sport starting in early August before the first day of classes must have a valid baseline before the first scrimmage for that sport
- Any sport starting off-season Athletics of after the first day of classes must have a valid baseline before starting any activity
This baseline will be completed online under the supervision of the student's coach or the Athletic Trainer. The baseline cannot be completed at home.
The purpose of the Baseline is to have a record of each athlete's normal cognitive brain function so that, if a student suffers a concussion, they can repeat the assessment when symptom-free to make sure they are within 5% of function prior to injury.