The University Interscholastic League offers the most comprehensive literary and academic competitive program in the nation. It offers more than any other UIL division in terms of activities. More than a half million students participate in UIL academic contests. Western Hills High School has 12 academic teams with new members joining daily. Please join us!
These activities, which exist to complement the academic curriculum, are designed to motivate students as they acquire higher levels of knowledge, to challenge students to confront issues of importance, and to provide students with the opportunity to demonstrate mastery of specific skills.
UIL Scholarship Information
Students who compete at the State competition in May are eligible for many TILF scholarships. Information on how to apply for these scholarships can be found on the UIL Site. The application window is March-May of your senior year. Fun fact: some students receive scholarships covering the cost of their entire bachelor’s degree by winning just one of these TILF scholarships!
- We're Competitive
- We love higher level learning
- Its academically rewarding
- We meet people
- We improve our SAT/ACT test scores
- We build self-esteem, self-confidence
- We can use it on college applications
- We develop into a leaders
- We learn how to study independently
- It Promotes College Readiness
- We win awards
- We can apply for special scholarships
- We travel (to competitions)