Degrees and Certifications:
Title: Principal, Como Montessori School (K-8)
Hobbies: Emerging Artist; Card Designer; Gardening; Piano and Clarinet
Pets: Baxter Bear (My Maltese)
Teaching Philosophy: Originally from Michigan, I have had the pleasure of living all over the country, from the east coast to the west coast, south and mid-west, and everything in-between. I'm an advocate for children above all else. I love teaching and learning, and consider myself to be a life-long learner. My philosophy about teaching and learning is grounded in Equity, Efficacy, and Excellence to Empower our Scholars. What a privilege to lead Como Montessori School. I can't wait to see how HIGH our scholars soar. As a servant leader, I fully understand my responsibilities in fulfilling the educational expectations of our district, families, and community. It is an honor being the steward of such a great school. Servant Leadership requires integrity and service to all. I look forward to our partnership as we travel together on this educational journey!!
Degrees and Certifications:
As a former student of CMS, Mr. McAlister believes wholeheartedly in the Montessori philosophy. Multi-aged classrooms, with student chosen work and an increased awareness of student responsibility and self-direction lead to a student-centered education that focuses on the whole child.
Mr. McAlister enjoys golf, boating, and cooking. He and his wife Kristine have one son, Dalton.
- An education should be a carefully guided process by which knowledge is attained through many systemic processes. It should stimulate self discovery and be assimilated throughout a person's life. Students will be engage in thoughtful and reflective discussions, answer and defend statements and beliefs, and be guided through this process by a teacher that will provide access to information instead of acting as the primary source of information. I learn from my students as they also learn from me in search of a better understanding of concepts, philosophies and ideas.
- At CMS we touch hearts and transform lives through love, patience, and genuine connections. My philosophy is: "Honor the light shining within every child." My hobbies include weightlifting, body building, and reading.
- Every student has the ability to learn and do wonderful things.
- I believe in trying to reach and connect with every student I have. I love that CMS is giving me the opportunity to do that daily! I am married with one son who was just born in March of 2018. I have a dog named Samson and I love to read.
- I believe that a classroom should be a child-centered environment prepared to allow students to grow to their highest potential. The teacher is to be the facilitator of learning to allow the child to take ownership of their own education.
- I believe that all children should have an equal opportunity to learn in a safe and engaging environment.
- I believe that each child is a unique individual capable of thriving as a learner if given the opportunity. I love that at Como Montessori, I have the opportunity to see this philosophy of education lived out on a daily basis. This is my eighteenth year in education. I am married and have a son and a daughter, and am a proud Mimi to one grandson.
- I believe that the purpose of education is to help nurture and grow the minds of children to become independent thinkers, thirsty for knowledge and the truth. My goal as a teacher is to show students that there is no limits to their capabilities as long as they keep asking questions and seeking answers. There is so much more to teaching than transferring the knowledge in my brain to the student’s brains, I want my students to be mindful about the power of knowledge and to understand that knowledge is freely available to anyone who seeks it. I believe this notion is extremely important due to the diversity of students in classrooms today.
- I hope to instill a love of learning in the children that I teach. I foster a growth mindset in my scholars and help them see that with effort and a positive attitude they will be successful at school and prepared for post-graduate life. My husband and I enjoy traveling and have been to every continent except Antarctica. We also like to hike with our three children. I have started biking on the weekends since I moved to Fort Worth in June 2018.
- I love how all CMS students interact with all grade level students and staff. I enjoy coming to school in the morning and being greeted by a first grader, and seeing my middle schoolers interact with the kindergartners. It warms my heart. My hobbies are reading, going to the park with my son, playing with my two dogs, and traveling.
- I love that CMS is such a close community. All the staff are friendly and caring towards each other and the students. My team is also supportive and helpful whenever needed. My hobbies are cooking, playing volleyball, and baking. I have a pet dog.
- I love the community environment at CMS. Having multiple grades in a classroom helps children develop both trust and empathy, building a stronger community. I enjoy reading, painting, glass sculpture, and hiking. I have three grown children (two attended CMS,) and two dogs.
- I love to see the smile on a child's face, after they have told me that they can not do something, and then they do it. That gives me joy. My hobbies are fishing, gardening, and hunting.
- My husband and I have been married for 13 years. We have two daughters in college and a 10 year old son. We have a Beta fish named Blue Ivy. In my free time, I enjoy spending time with family, shopping, serving in The Living Sound Choir at the Inspiring of Body of Christ Church, & providing service to all mankind with my sorors in Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. My philosophy of school counseling includes building relationships with students of all backgrounds, being equipped to help students, advocating for student success, & collaborating with school professionals, parents and all other stakeholders. What I love about CMS is that we provide our students with a safe, nurturing and encouraging learning environment which supports student achievement. Our students have unique individual potential and are very capable of achieving their highest potential when they are given the opportunity.
- My teaching philosophy is that every student is brilliant and has innate talent and purpose that only they possess. It is my job to help them find it! My favorite thing to do in my free time is to be outdoor, especially in the fall and springtime!
- My teaching philosophy is what Maria Montessori said, "Follow the child," -provide the teaching that the child needs. At CMS I love the dedication that the teachers and staff provide for our students. I enjoy watching historically based movies or historical period pieces.
- Students should receive a hands-on, student-centered education. Students thrive using materials that they can touch and feel. The most powerful curriculum we can give to our scholars is based in their interests. Through a hands-on, interest driven environment all students can thrive!
- Teaching is about relationships and helping all students learn in their own unique way. My teaching approach is closely aligned with the quote from William Butler Yeats, "Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire." My hobbies include going to movies, trying new restaurants, spending time with family, and traveling.
- The staff and students have been kind and welcoming. I am excited to be a part of such a dynamic, positive school. I have a daughter, husband, and two dogs. We've just moved to Fort Worth. We've lived many different places, including South Korea, Seattle, Pittsburgh, and New Braunfels.
- What I love about CMS is the intimate classroom environment and the school culture. The active engagement and Montessori community make for a unique learning experience. I loved attending CMS as a child and I look forward to impacting my students' lives like my teachers did for me. Some of my hobbies include travel, fitness, sports, and being a life-long learner.
- Alexis Ball
- Elizabeth Baumgartner
- Kimberly Bridge
- Jalyn Burns
- Donetta Darden
- Tamara Edwards
- Molly Ellison
- David Epps
- Laura Ferguson
- Rachel Fletcher
- Gavin Gardner
- Kathleen Glover
- Natalie Gonzales
- Cindy Joy
- Tameka Long
- Marynthya McElroy
- Jessica Newcomer
- Tamia Norris
- Ms. P.
- Ms. Q.