Degrees and Certifications:
Title: Principal, Como Montessori School (K-8)
Hobbies: Emerging Artist; Card Designer; Gardening; Piano and Clarinet
Pets: Baxter Bear (My Maltese)
Teaching Philosophy: Originally from Michigan, I have had the pleasure of living all over the country, from the east coast to the west coast, south and mid-west, and everything in-between. I'm an advocate for children above all else. I love teaching and learning, and consider myself to be a life-long learner. My philosophy about teaching and learning is grounded in Equity, Efficacy, and Excellence to Empower our Scholars. What a privilege to lead Como Montessori School. I can't wait to see how HIGH our scholars soar. As a servant leader, I fully understand my responsibilities in fulfilling the educational expectations of our district, families, and community. It is an honor being the steward of such a great school. Servant Leadership requires integrity and service to all. I look forward to our partnership as we travel together on this educational journey!!
Degrees and Certifications:
As a former student of CMS, Mr. McAlister believes wholeheartedly in the Montessori philosophy. Multi-aged classrooms, with student chosen work and an increased awareness of student responsibility and self-direction lead to a student-centered education that focuses on the whole child.
Mr. McAlister enjoys golf, boating, and cooking. He and his wife Kristine have one son, Dalton.
- At CMS we touch hearts and transform lives through love, patience, and genuine connections. My philosophy is: "Honor the light shining within every child." My hobbies include weightlifting, body building, and reading.
- I believe in trying to reach and connect with every student I have. I love that CMS is giving me the opportunity to do that daily! I am married with one son who was just born in March of 2018. I have a dog named Samson and I love to read.
- I hope to instill a love of learning in the children that I teach. I foster a growth mindset in my scholars and help them see that with effort and a positive attitude they will be successful at school and prepared for post-graduate life. My husband and I enjoy traveling and have been to every continent except Antarctica. We also like to hike with our three children. I have started biking on the weekends since I moved to Fort Worth in June 2018.
- I love how all CMS students interact with all grade level students and staff. I enjoy coming to school in the morning and being greeted by a first grader, and seeing my middle schoolers interact with the kindergartners. It warms my heart. My hobbies are reading, going to the park with my son, playing with my two dogs, and traveling.
- I love that CMS is such a close community. All the staff are friendly and caring towards each other and the students. My team is also supportive and helpful whenever needed. My hobbies are cooking, playing volleyball, and baking. I have a pet dog.
- I love the community environment at CMS. Having multiple grades in a classroom helps children develop both trust and empathy, building a stronger community. I enjoy reading, painting, glass sculpture, and hiking. I have three grown children (two attended CMS,) and two dogs.
- I love the Montessori principles and teaching the whole child. My hobbies are dancing and sports (spectator.) I have a dog named Remo. My children are Damian, Sharee, Nita, DeWayne, Terrence, and Artega.
- I love to see the smile on a child's face, after they have told me that they can not do something, and then they do it. That gives me joy. My hobbies are fishing, gardening, and hunting.
- My teaching philosophy is that every student is brilliant and has innate talent and purpose that only they possess. It is my job to help them find it! My favorite thing to do in my free time is to be outdoor, especially in the fall and springtime!
- My teaching philosophy is what Maria Montessori said, "Follow the child," -provide the teaching that the child needs. At CMS I love the dedication that the teachers and staff provide for our students. I enjoy watching historically based movies or historical period pieces.
- Teaching is about relationships and helping all students learn in their own unique way. My teaching approach is closely aligned with the quote from William Butler Yeats, "Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire." My hobbies include going to movies, trying new restaurants, spending time with family, and traveling.
- The staff and students have been kind and welcoming. I am excited to be a part of such a dynamic, positive school. I have a daughter, husband, and two dogs. We've just moved to Fort Worth. We've lived many different places, including South Korea, Seattle, Pittsburgh, and New Braunfels.
- What I love about CMS is the intimate classroom environment and the school culture. The active engagement and Montessori community make for a unique learning experience. I loved attending CMS as a child and I look forward to impacting my students' lives like my teachers did for me. Some of my hobbies include travel, fitness, sports, and being a life-long learner.
- Alexis Ball
- Elizabeth Baumgartner
- Kimberly Bridge
- Donetta Darden
- Tamara Edwards
- Molly Ellison
- David Epps
- Laura Ferguson
- Rachel Fletcher
- Gavin Gardner
- Kathleen Glover
- Natalie Gonzales
- Cindy Joy
- Tameka Long
- Sharon Massey
- Marynthya McElroy
- Jessica Newcomer
- Tamia Norris
- Danielle Quijano
- Dolores Rayas