TCC Trinity River Dual Credit
1. Fill out the TCC Application using the information below - you will be applying for FALL 2023.
2. Fill out the AHHS Dual Credit google form - must have your official TCC ID in order to complete the form (see link below).
3. Take and pass the TSI test (see Mrs. Mimms in room 115 for information on TSI testing).
* TCC Dual Credit is offered only to 11th and 12th grade students.
* Students can earn up to 24 hours of credit while taking classes right here at AHHS.
* We do not offer associate degrees.
#1 - How do I apply to TCC - Trinity River Campus?
Complete and submit an Apply TCC application for admission (Use Firefox or Chrome for the best experience).
* View our dual credit apply video and follow alond while you apply.
When will I know if I'm accepted to TCC?
After the application is submitted, you will receive a system generated email called "WebAdvisor and Email Account Notice."
* It will provide you with your my.tccd.edu email account name, your TCC student ID and instructions on activating email.
* If you do not receive an email with your TCC ID after 24-48 hours, inquire by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and date of birth or Call the TCC Help Desk at 817-515-8223.
What's the deadline to apply to TCC and fill out the AHHS Form?
You must have your TCC ID number and your AHHS Form filled out and submitted by Friday, February 17, 2023 by 11:59pm.
#2 - TCC Dual Credit 2023-2024 - AHHS Form
If you are a CURRENT 10th or 11th grader and you are interested in taking Dual Credit courses for the 2023-2024 school year, then please click on the link below. You will need to have applied to TCC and received a TCC ID number so that you can complete the form. Completely fill out and submit the google form by February 17, 2023.
For more information contact Mrs. Mimms in Room 115 or call 817-815-1029.
#3 - TSI Exam (Texas Success Initiative)
All students taking college-level courses must satisfy Texas Success Initiative (TSI) Assessment requirements, unless they qualify for a TSI exemption, exception or waiver.
Official documents must be submitted to the Admissions and Registrar Office for determining exemption. Exemptions are permanent and do not need to be renewed each semester.
What score do I need on the TSI Exam?
To satisfy TSI and course prerequisite requirements, you must meet or exceed the following college-ready scores:
Subject Area College-Ready Score Mathematics Placement score of at least 950
Placement score of 910–949 and a diagnostic level of 6
Integrated Reading/Writing Placement score of at least 945 and an essay score of 5–8
Placement score of at least 910 and a diagnostic level of 5–6 and an essay score of 5–8
What are the TSI Exam Exemptions?Students who meet qualifying standards on the SAT, ACT, STAAR test or PSAT (Dual Credit eligible students only) may be eligible for a TSI exemption.
Test Exemption Requirements Expiration SAT There is no combined score, but you need:
- At least 530 on math for an exemption in math
- At least 480 on the Evidence-Based Reading and Writing for an exemption in reading and writing
Valid for 5 years ACT A composite score of 23 with:
- At least 19 on math for an exemption in math
- At least 19 on English for an exemption in reading and writing
Valid for 5 years STAAR End-of-Course Assessment:
- Algebra II–Level 2
- English III Reading–Level 2
Valid for 5 years PSAT
(Dual credit eligible students only)
There is no combined score, but you need:
- At least 510 on math for an exemption in math
- At least 460 on the Evidence-Based Reading and Writing for an exemption in reading and writing
Temporarily valid until you complete and pass a dual credit course; then it becomes a permanent exemption.
If you do not pass the dual credit course, the PSAT score is invalid and you must take the TSI-A or provide other exempting scores.
Dual Credit Options 23-24 (see AP/Dual Credit/OnRamps - What's the difference? - Academics Tab on AHHS Website)
English 1301/1302 (English Composition) - TCC Dual Credit Embedded English (On AHHS Campus) - can take alone or with OnRamps or AP Courses
English 2322/2323 (British Literature) - TCC (on AHHS or TCC Trinity River Campus) --must have completed Dual Credit English 1301 - can take alone or with Dual Credit Govt/Eco or with Dual Credit Psyc/Soc or with OnRamps or AP Courses
History 1301/1302 (US History) - TCC Dual Credit Embedded History (On AHHS Campus) - can take alone or with Dual Credit English 1301/1302 or with OnRamps or AP Courses
Government & Macroeconomics - TCC (take at TCC Trinity River Campus) -- must take 2 Dual Credit Courses - Semester 1 Goverment/Semester 2 Macroeconomics (combine with Psychology/Sociology OR English 2322/2323)
Psychology & Sociology - TCC (take at TCC Trinity River Campus) -- must take 2 Dual Credit Courses - Semester 1 Psychology/Semester 2 Sociology (combine with Goverment/Macroeconomics OR English 2322/2323)