Forest Oak Middle School opened on September 7, 1954, as Forest Oak Junior High. The enrollment was 787 students. The building was constructed on a 10 acre lot for $625,000. Enrollment increased quickly to approximately 1400 students, making it necessary to expand the cafeteria and add a new wing.
The first principal of the school was Mr. W.L. Butler. The school's motto was "In essentials, unity; In Non-essentials, liberty; In all things, charity".
Today, the school serves 1000 plus 6th, 7th, and 8th graders. Our mascot is the Mighty Lion. Lions symbolize power, courage, and nobility.