Our History

  • School Building

    West Handley Elementary opened in 1954 with 12 classrooms, an art room, kindergarten room and library. In 1983, the school became the location of the Professional Development Center for Staff Development and then became the home of the Alternative School. In 1994, it returned to its original function as an elementary school. In 2004 a new wing was added on to the back of the building adding another 10 classrooms.


  • Julie Moynihan, Principal      Christina Nandayapa, Assistant Principal