FWISD has partnered with UT Austin to offer our students On Ramps Dual Enrollment Courses. See your counselor for course options.
Students and parents can find out more about the ptrogram at https://onramps.utexas.edu/students/
Welcome to Dual Credit Information compliments of Tarrant County College
If your teenager is a freshman or sophomore in high school, a decision about college is closer than you think. Given the steep tuition prices at most colleges and universities, higher education may seem out of reach.
But what if your student could get a jump start on college credit while saving up to $15,000 on the total cost of college tuition?
Consider Dual Credit
TCC's Dual Credit Program is a way your student can earn college credit while attending high school.
Our Dual Credit students take college-level courses taught by fully credentialed faculty. These courses satisfy high school graduation requirements and provide college creditat the same time.
- Your ISD will award high school academic credit.
- TCC will award college-level academic credit.
When Dual Credit students graduate from high school, they may have already completed transferable college credits.
Learn more about if Dual Credit is right for your student.
Students who become a part of our Dual Credit program:
- Receive transferable college credit, while also receiving high school credit
- Save on tuition and fees by accelerating time to complete an undergraduate or vocational degree
- Have access to the full range of TCC services
- Be better prepared for success in college
- Have an academic edge and be more desirable to universities
Is my student eligible for Dual Credit in FWISD?
High school students entering 11th-12th grades who attend public, private, charter or home schools in one of our Service Areas are eligible for Dual Credit courses.
Dual Credit students:
- Must meet TSI eligibility requirements for college-level coursework or be exempt based on ACT or SAT scores.
- May enroll in a maximum of 6 hours per semester for courses that apply toward a certificate, degree or TCC Core Curriculum, with approval from the high school and college.
- It is recommended students in their first semester of Dual Credit enroll in a maximum of two courses.
- Are not eligible to enroll in developmental courses for Dual Credit.
- Must follow TCC's Academic Standing and all other policies and regulations outlined in the TCC Catalog.
APPLY FOR DUAL CREDIT NOW
If you HAVE NOT applied to TCC and want to participate in Dual Credit in 2019-2020, open the PowerPoint below for instructions on how to apply to TCC and COMPLETE the application.
**3-5 days following submission you will receive an email from “No Reply-TCCD…” that contains your ID#. Bring me that number as soon as you receive it.
** IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED your TCC ID number and it has been longer than 7 days, come see me ASAP.
Karen S. Hiller Room 123 CCR Coordinator 817-815-6042