Welcome to Career Technology and Education!
Did you know there are thousands of different careers in the United States? Fort Worth ISD uses sixteen career clusters to organize different career opportunities for you. North Side has pulled the following clusters into our course catalog. Learning more about each cluster will help you learn which skills you will need and the continued education that will be required for you to pursue careers in that cluster.
- Architecture & Construction Careers - Designing, planning, managing, building, and maintaining the built environment.
- Arts, A/V Technology & Communications - Designing, producing, exhibiting, performing, writing, and publishing multimedia content including visual and performing arts and design, journalism, and entertainment services.
- Health Science - Planning, managing, and providing therapeutic services, diagnostic services, health informatics, support services, and biotechnology research and development.
- Hospitality & Tourism - Encompasses the management, marketing, and operations of restaurants and other foodservices, lodging, attractions, recreation events, and travel related services.
- Information Technology - Building linkages in IT Occupations Framework: For Entry Level, Technical, and Professional Careers Related to the Design, Development, Support, and Management of Hardware, Software, Multimedia, and Systems Integration Services.
- Manufacturing - Planning, managing, and performing the processing of materials into intermediate or final products and related professional and technical support activities such as production planning and control, maintenance, and manufacturing/process engineering.
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics - Planning, managing, and providing scientific research and professional and technical services (e.g., physical science, social science, engineering) including laboratory and testing services, and research and development services.
A student produced film "On Hold" by the Sports, Entertainment and Marketing class under the direction of Ms. Capleton.