Voluntary Teacher Transfer: (Request for Transfer)
Each spring the teacher transfer season occurs, providing eligible teachers the opportunity to transfer to available positions at other schools for which they are qualified and interested. In addition, teachers who were involuntarily transferred into their current assignment for the 2017 – 2018 school year are eligible for this transfer process.
On February 14, 2017, the Teacher Voluntary Transfer application posted and is available in the AppliTrack employment application system. This posting can be found via the District website on the Human Capital Management page at the “Apply Now” tab. The posting is located under the category, “Voluntary Teacher Transfers” and is posted as “Job ID 2899 Voluntary Teacher Transfer Application 2018: Internal Applicants Only.” The direct link to the position is below:
This application is to be used for FWISD teachers wishing to consider voluntarily moving to a different school for the 2018 - 2019 school year. This application process is ONLY for internal (FWISD) classroom teachers. The deadline to apply is March 1st.
While you complete this application, if you only select the "Job ID 2899 Voluntary Teacher Transfer" position, the application will be 6-7 pages in length and will only take a few minutes to complete. If you apply to other positions as well, the application is much longer and will take longer to complete. Please do not apply for other teacher vacancies that are posted. As a current teacher, this Voluntary Teacher Transfer process is the proper avenue for a transfer.
To be eligible for a voluntary transfer, a teacher shall have all of the following:
- A minimum of two years in your current school.
- Performance at a level that “meets expectations” in the current assignment as evidenced by [your most recent] teacher appraisal. (You must be rated "Progressing" or "Proficient" or better in all Domains of your most recent T-TESS Observation or Summative appraisal.)
Any teacher that was involuntarily placed into their current school/assignment for the 2017 - 2018 school year is eligible for this transfer process.
- Attach your resume.
- List your current school and teaching assignment(s).
- List areas in which you are interested in being considered.
From Board Policy DK (Regulation):
- Teachers who desire to be considered for transfer to another campus shall apply online in the applicant tracking system for a voluntary teacher transfer to the human capital management department not later than March 1.
- The filing of a request for transfer shall be without prejudice to the employee and shall not jeopardize the employee’s current assignment.
- The list of qualified applicants will be provided to the all principals by March 7.
- Principals may contact teachers from the list for an interview any time after March 7.
- Principals with openings who wish to select a teacher from the voluntary teacher transfer list must submit a written request to HCM staffing by June 1.
- Transfer requests shall be completed by June 1.
- Teachers not selected for transfer prior to June 1 shall remain in their current assignment. Extenuating circumstances may necessitate transfers after June 1 and require approval of the requesting principal, current principal, the chief of elementary or secondary schools, and the human capital management department.
- Teachers may request their names be removed from the transfer list at any time.
- When a teacher has been granted a transfer, the teacher shall serve at least two years in the new assignment before requesting another transfer.