Internal auditing is an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve an organization's operations. It helps an organization accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
INTERNAL AUDIT SERVICES
The Internal Audit Department is responsible for monitoring the fiscal and administrative operations of the Fort Worth Independent School District. The Internal Audit Department is sanctioned by the Board of Trustees. The Chief Internal Auditor reports functionally to the Board of Trustees and administratively to the Superintendent. The functions of the Internal Audit Department are communicated to the Board of Trustees through written audit reports, findings, recommendations, opinions and conclusions. Audits are performed in compliance with federal and state laws, and Fort Worth Independent School District Policies.
INTERNAL AUDIT ACTIVITIES
The Internal Audit Department performs fiscal and administrative operations of the Fort Worth Independent School District. This includes:
- Evaluation of procedures and controls
- Documentation of fiscal and administrative methodologies
- Follow-Ups on significant findings from previous audits
- Special Audits at the request of the Board of Trustees and Management
- Review of all operational areas for their stewardship of resources and compliance with established policies and procedures
- Review of internal administrative and accounting controls designed to safeguard resources and ensure compliance with laws and regulations
- Investigation of reported fraud, embezzlement, theft, waste, or abuse; and recommendation of controls to prevent or detect such occurrences
Audit projects are scheduled by the Chief Internal Auditor utilizing risk assessment, and are approved by the Board of Trustees. Through the Chief Internal Auditor, the Internal Audit Department staff is authorized to have full, free, and unrestricted access to all property, personnel records and functions of the Fort Worth Independent School District.
CALL: The Fraud, Waste, and Abuse Hotline at (817) 406-9080. District employees or citizens can call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Your calls will be answered by a StopIt Solutions Live Agent and all allegations reported over the Hotline will be evaluated and investigated. Informants can remain anonymous and all calls are treated confidentially.
WEB ACCESS: STOPit Web (Available on all Web Browsers) Use this version of STOPit on your:
- School 1:1 Device (Desktop/Laptop)
- Personal Computer (Desktop/Laptop)
Access STOPit Web:
DOWNLOAD the APP: Download Links