Nominating Committee Report
Tuesday, March 26, 2019 | Start Time: 7:10 | End Time: 7:50
Members present - Betty Spitzberg , Tina Harrison, Melanie MacFarlane, John MacFarlane and Carrie Zachry
The nominating committe met Tuesday, March 26, 2019 at which time the committee nominated the persons listed below to be officers of the 2019-20 DMS PTA. In the selection of nominees from the active membership, consideration was given to professional experience, qualification of individuals, attendance and participation, and other factors to be considered to be important. The below nominations were selected by unanimous vote to serve as officers.
Elections will be held at the April 25, 2019 General PTA Meeting at 6:30 PM. Nominations may also be accepted from the floor on the evening of our next PTA General Membership Meeting, April 25, 2019 at 6:30 PM.
President - Kristin Lawler
President Elect - Cade Lovelace, former Bylaws committee member and former Ryan Place Improvement Association President
VP Fundraising - Courtney Beames, current 2018-19 Co-Chair of Fall Fun Fest
VP Communications - Sarah Bahari
Secretary - Mikki Clinnin, current 2018-19 Co-Chair of Fall Fun Fest
VP Advocacy - Caroline Robbins, former Dance Chair, current Council Delegate
Treasurer - Betty Spitzberg, current Treasurer
Membership - Renee New, current VP Membership
VP Academic and Social Programs - Melanie MacFarlane, current VP Fund Raising
Don't forget our next PTA Meeting will be held on Thursday, February 21, 2019 in the Elementary Science Lab.
General Membership 6:30-7:30 pm
We will be electing a nominating committee at the February General Meeting. Please review the Nomination and Election Articles below or download a PDF copy HERE.
ARTICLE VII Nominations and Elections
- Composition. The nominating committee shall consist of 5 members and 1 alternate members. No individual shall serve as a member of the nominating committee for two (2) consecutive terms. The president and president-elect shall not serve as members of this committee nor appoint any member of this committee. Student members shall not constitute a majority of this committee.
- Election of Committee. The nominating committee shall be elected by plurality vote at a regular association meeting prior to the election meeting. The election shall be by ballot. When the number of nominees is less than or equal to the number of positions on the committee, the election may be by acclamation. The nominating committee shall elect its chair.
Election of Alternates. Alternates shall serve in order of rank, when there is a vacancy or absence on the nominating committee. When the nominating committee is elected by ballot, those nominees not elected to the committee shall be alternates, ranked according to the number of votes received. When the nominating committee is elected by acclamation, nominations for alternate shall be taken from the floor and each person nominated shall serve as an alternate, ranked in the order nominated.
- Duties. The nominating committee:
- shall consider all candidates for elected positions whose submissions meet the requirements set forth by these bylaws and who have signified their consent to serve if elected;
- may consider additional candidates during its deliberations; and
- shall submit only one (1) name for each position to be filled.
- Report of the Nominating Committee. The report of the nominating committee shall be published to the membership through regular publicity channels at least seven (7) days before the election meeting.
Section 2.Nominations from the Floor. Nominees from the floor shall be accepted at the election meeting. Section 3.Elections. Officers, with the exception of the parliamentarian, shall be elected by ballot in the month of April. However, if there is but one (1) nominee for an office, election for that office may be by voice vote.
For more information on responsibilities, visit the Texas PTA guidelines: https://www.txpta.org/nominations-elections
The following information is also posted on the Bylaws Committee Message board:
Posted Jan. 10, 2019
The PTA bylaws, as approved by majority in attendance at the December 13 meeting, have been approved by Texas PTA. You can read over those bylaws here.
The bylaws committee will present the following standing rules (click here to review standing rules) for vote at the general PTA meeting on Thursday, January 17, 2019. These standing rules reflect the approved changes to the bylaws. The committee extends a thank you to all of the DMS PTA members for their patience and understanding as we diligently reviewed and reflected on these bylaws and standing rules.
Posted Jan. 9, 2019
Click HERE to view / download a PDF copy of the December 2018 Special Membership Minutes.
To view additional Minutes from 2018 PTA Meetings please click HERE.
We could use a couple of parents to assist with childcare in the Middle School Gym. If you are interested please click here to sign up!
~ 2018-19 PTA FALL MEMBERSHIP INCENTIVES ~