A Special Welcome From Our Administrator!
Welcome to the Visual and Performing Arts Academy of I.M. Terrell. Our school is committed to academic excellence through honors pathways in Theatre, Dance, Fine Arts, Instrumental and Vocal Music, as well as Physical Movement Artistry. Our VPA Academy includes an intellectual and artistic four-year course of study contributing to a distinguished portfolio of work which prepares our apprentices for a variety of exciting college and career opportunities upon graduation.
Our innovative courses encourage collaboration between artistic pathways. The distinguished graduation program is structured to ensure that students develop depth in their chosen major concentration and breadth by taking courses in their minor course of study. Through scholarship, instruction and performance in Fine Arts, Theatre, Vocal Music, Instrumental Music, Dance and Physical Movement Artistry, apprentices engage in an investigative approach to the arts, which promotes critical thinking, creative practice and a global understanding of arts advocacy.
What makes our curriculum the best college preparatory experience for young artists?
- Our Dance curriculum supports a well-rounded foundation of dance with emphasis in Horton, Classical Ballet and Graham methods.
- In Fine Arts, students select a major at the end of their freshman year as their special emphasis: (drawing, painting, photography, graphic design, printmaking, or 3D disciplines).
- Our Music Theory courses incorporate Orff based compositional practice.
- Our Instrumental students are mentored in private lessons and independent study attuned to the Suzuki method.
- Our department of Physical Movement Arts emphasizes creative fitness development to support lifelong health and productivity.
- Our Vocal Music students develop strong musical audiation through the influence of the Kodaly technique.
- Our VPA Academy actively seeks and participates in interdisciplinary study and performances which allows students to understand the beauty created in artistic synergetic teamwork.
Students receive individual attention in small classes from a diverse group of VPA faculty comprised of professional artists, scholars, and performers who are passionate about arts education. Many community partners support our academy with enrichment opportunities and arts internships. The VPA program offers students the opportunity to study outstanding curriculum while simultaneously developing an altruistic mindset of “giving back” to our Fort Worth community by participation in service learning projects and artistic performances.
Each program combines distinctive curriculum with the expectation that students apply and enrich their learning with committed study throughout the academic year with continued practice and enrichment opportunities in the summer. We are proud to be a part of the vibrant arts community of Fort Worth, Texas
For more information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Come experience the unique visual and performing arts program as an incoming student! For a campus tour or student shadowing experience, please email email@example.com.
For more information on VPA Academy applications, please visit: https://www.fwisd.org/domain/4539.
VISIT THE DANCE, THEATRE, FINE ARTS, INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC, VOCAL MUSIC, AND PHYSICAL MOVEMENT ARTS PAGES TO VIEW OFFERINGS!
Links: Coming soon
VPA Academy Mission
VPA Academy News
Check out our summer opportunities for ARTS AT THE ACADEMY!
Classes, camps, seminars and intensives. Coming soon.
The I.M. Terrell Academy for STEM & Visual and Performing Arts is a member of the
ARTS SCHOOL NETWORK