The Monnig MS Mission:
Where EVERY student is KNOWN, VALUED, and INSPIRED!
A short history of Monnig Middle School
Monnig MS first opened in 1952 as Monnig Junior High School, with 359 students and 16 teachers. We were first opened to relieve crowded conditions at Stripling. By 1966, however, Monnig’s enrollment had reached 1655. The school was named for Mr. William Monnig, in recognition of his long career of public service. Monnig served for many years as a member of the Fort Worth City Council, and was also the member of a family of merchants who founded and operated Monnig's Department Store in Fort Worth. Monnig's first principal was Ree Bostick.