Rosemont Sixth Grade originally opened as a county school and was annexed in to Fort Worth ISD in 1922 as B.H. Carroll School. In 1948 the original 2 story building was renovated as a cafeteria and auditorium and a new building added on. In 1956 12 more classrooms were added. The school was named for B. H. Carrol who was a soldier, teacher, pastor, author and the first president of Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary.
In 1999 the school became Rosemont 6th Grade School.
In 2003 the school received a new library, gym and several classrooms were renovated.
In 2004 the school was awarded a Real Schools Grant which included $30,000 to build an Outdoor Learning Area. This provides a wonderful space with large gardens, eco system and two covered classroom areas.
Rosemont 6th Grade has had several honors including: TAKS Recognized 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2007-08, 2008-09, and the TBEC Honor Roll Texas Educators Excellence Award
Source: "Eight Decades of School Construction: Historic Resources of the Fort Worth Independent School District, 1892-1961". Prepared by the city of Fort Worth September 2003.