Polytechnic High School has received the PTECH Planning Grant. Our School will open our doors in the 2020-2021 school year as a Pathways in Technology. This program evolution will enhance our current program by working with industry partners to offer work-based experiences at all grade levels, opportunities to earn industry certifications and academic degrees in the field of Education. Please look at the attachments on this page for more information or call the school for further details.
Benchmark 1 - School Design
1. Mentor/Induction Program Plans.
2. Annual training or professional development plan with P-TECH/ICIA and IHE faculty.
- Annual Training and Professional Development
- P-TECH Overview
- STEMuli Training TBA Due to the uncertainty associated with COVID-19, virtual trainings will be planned and updated until further notice.
- P-TECH/Educate Texas Agenda and Minutes
- P-TECH Leadership Agenda and Minutes
Benchmark 2 - Target Population
2. Written recruitment plan including a timeline of recruitment and enrollment events, and recruitment materials for distribution at feeder schools and other appropriate locations in the community.
- The written recruitment plan including the timeline of recruitment, enrollment events, and recruitment materials for distributions at feeder schools and other appropriate locations in the community will be updated as soon as guidance is provided from the district due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Recruitment Plan 2021-2022
3. Brochures and marketing in Spanish, English, and/or other relevant language(s). Materials and marketing materials will be updated.
- Recruitment Brochure (English)
- Recruitment Brochure (Spanish)
- P-TECH Recruitment Chart (English)
- P-TECH Recruitment Chart (Spanish)
4. Written communication plan for targeting identified audiences, parents, community members, school board, higher education personnel, etc.
Benchmark 3 - Strategic Alliances
- P-TECH Advisory Meeting 9.30.20
2. Final signed and executed MOU with industry partner/business (Campuses must submit their final signed MOU to TEA when initially applying for designation or are provisionally designated).
3. Final signed and executed articulation agreement with IHE (Campuses must submit their final signed MOU to TEA when initially applying for designation or are provisionally designated).
4. A list of strategic partners with each meber's organization, title, and role in providing work-based learning for students by grade level.
Benchmark 4 -Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment
1. Four Year Crosswalks By Pathway
3. Curriculum Alignment Documents
4. Testing calendar and schedule for TSI, ACT, SAT or other assessments
- TSI Opportunities are available for students both virtually and in-person by appointment only due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- ACT Testing Schedule
- SAT Testing Schedule
- District Assessment Schedule
5. Documentation detailing a minimum of three courses of study examples that outline student pathways from high school, to associate degrees, to work credentials and beyond.
Benchmark 5 - Work-Based Learning
1. Documentation of appropriate work-based learning experiences for students at all grade levels. Will be updated as soon as guidance is provided from the district due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Work-Based Learning Experiences for all Grade Levels
3. Aggregate data describing student participation in work-based learning experiences as well as the percentage of students earning industry certification and credentials by type
- Work -Based Learning Certifications and Credentials by type
4. Samples of student artifacts such as writings, portfolios, presentations, or links to digital content (Collecting artifacts 2020-2021 School year)
- Student Artifact 1
- Student Artifact 2
- Student Artifact 3
- Student Artifact 4
Benchmark 6 - Student Support
1. Bridge program calendar and curricula
- Summer Bridge Calendar and Curricula 2020
- Virtual Summer Bridge Curricula
2. Tutoring and other intervention/remediation program schedules Will be updated as soon as guidance is provided from the district due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
3. Calendar of family outreach events (Will be revised for virtual outreach)
4. Schedule of regularly scheduled counseling/advisory events and records of completion for these support services (Update Coming Soon for 2020.2021 School Year) The community will be updated as soon as guidance is provided from the district due to the COVID-19 pandemic.