Guidance Counselor Mission
Advocating that every child has the opportunity to be successful academically, socially, and emotionally. Ensuring every child has or develops a love and appreciation for lifelong learning through a comprehensive guidance program. Collaborating with teachers to inspire all children to be prepared for college, a career, and be good citizens in their communities.
- Consulting with them about children and coordinating efforts to work with individual students.
- Planning classroom guidance to meet specific needs.
- Promoting a positive school climate.
- Meeting with parents as needed.
Counselor Areas of Focus
- Character Education & Responsible Behavior
- Communication skills
- Leadership Skills
- College & Career development
- Self-Awareness & Social Awareness
- Parent Work Shops
- Crisis Response
- School Wide Initiative
- 504 Coordinator
Elementary counselors serve the entire school community. Counselors are ready to help:
- Any student may request counseling
- Any parent may request counseling for a child or a parent consultation
- Any school staff may refer a student
- All students in the school are served by the counselor