Burton Hill Elementary School opened in March 1958, serving neighborhoods near Carswell Air Force Base. It was designed by Harkrider, Clark and Jones, and constructed by James T. Taylor and Son. The International-influenced building originally contained 24 permanent classrooms, an art room, kindergarten room, and library. The building was mostly constructed of brown brick with yellow brick used between windows. The large window openings generally contained five sets of multiple-light metal hopper windows; most have been partially infilled with panels. A new addition was added through the 1999 bond program, and several additions and upgrades were made through the 2007 bond program.