Our wonderful school offers different programs:
Spanish Immersion-Program of Choice
After school clubs:
- 3rd-5th Grade students only
- Start Date: November 8th and 9th
- Membership: A. New members by lottery B. Returning members retain spot
- Races for the Year: CALF, Candy Cane Classic, Cowtown, Zoo Run, District Walk
- Cost: Uniform purchase, Entry fees to races ($15-$20 each)
- Practice: Wednesdays and Thursdays, you will be in only one of those
- Practice Time:3:00-4:00 at BHE Gym and track
- Requirements: Water bottle at each practice, and items listed in Interest Form
- Interest Forms sent home in late October
BHE Science Club Rocks!!! Have you ever wondered why fireworks explode in different colors? Would you like to create a rainbow in a tube? Maybe you'd like to watch a genie come out of a bottle or make toothpaste for an elephant. If so, Science Club is for you! Mrs. Burns and Mrs. Stewart are the Senior Professors (sponsors). The TCU Professors (TCU Science Majors) lead fun investigations for 20 student scientists that will blow your mind! We meet in the Science Lab on Tuesday afternoons from 3:00-4:00pm beginning in late September. Burton Hill Buffaloes know...Science Rocks!!
Reading Club meets in Tuesday afternoons from 3:00pm-4:00pm. Reading Club is for 2nd Graders only. Members read books and make literacy-related crafts snd activities. Members also use reading websites such as Storybird for poetry and code.org for computer coding.
Garden Club will start up again the week after Spring Break. It's every Thursday from 3:15-4:00pm
The Burton Hill Student Council is made up of 4 officers and 16 class representatives. Staff Sponsors include Mrs. Percival and Mrs. Short. Each year the Council is involved in community, and school improvement projects. This year the council has hosted a community movie night, canned food drive, and fundraisers to help improve the playgrounds at Burton Hill. This Spring the Council will be supporting Pennies for Patients with a school wide penny drive. It is so awesome to see how the students of BHE are not only helping make their school a better place but their community as well!!!