Our School History
Built in 1948, the school was named for Mrs. Mary Louise Phillips. Mrs. Phillips served on the FWISD Board of Education from 1935-1941 and was the first lady officer on the board. She was also the only female to serve on the board during the 1930's.The building has undergone additions and renovations throughout its history. The building you see today houses over 500 students in over 30 classrooms. It is a large U-shape allowing for ease of student travel and accessibility. It has a dedicated Art Studio, Computer Lab, Auditorium, Gymnasium, and Library.
Our School Mission
At M.L. Phillips, we strive to provide all of our students the highest level of academic, social, and moral education. Our campus climate is family focused with a strong emphasis on the skills necessary to be lifelong learners and productive citizens. Our 2018-2019 campus goal is to remain "committed" to the finish line! We are committed to helping each and every child reach their full potential every day, we are committed to helping ALL students reach our district literacy goal of 100x25!