Welcome to the Fort Worth ISD Launch for Parental Consent to Surveys!
Earlier this fall, stakeholder groups met to provide feedback on the new parental survey consent process. From the gathered feedback, parents will now be able to opt-in and opt-out of surveys for this school year.
In FWISD, a survey is a formal method for collecting information on opinions, perceptions, feelings, thoughts, and ideas reported by an individual student. The District does surveys to help district leaders, school administrators, teachers, and support staff to:
- Improve the student’s overall school experience.
- Better understand students’ needs for additional support for them to be successful.
- In some instances, capturing students’ voices is a requirement to obtain specialized funding and to comply with state/federal law.
The District is defining opt-in and opt-out as the following:
- Opt-in: Students will not be included in the survey unless the box is checked to participate.
- Opt-out: Students will automatically participate unless the box is checked not to participate.
This process will allow parents to choose either to opt-in or opt-out of surveys identified for the 2022 - 2023 school year. The process will be managed through PowerSchool and is scheduled to begin Monday, December 5, 2022, and through January 6, 2023.
For the 2023-2024 school year, the District plans to include survey parental consent forms in the registration process.
Below are the approved consents or surveys.