It's Not Okay
Bullying, substance abuse, cheating and more- these behaviors are not okay! Fort Worth ISD is committed to helping our students stay safe. The "It's not okay!" initiative encourages students to make healthy decisions and ask for help when they or their friends are in need.
This comprehensive effort focuses on behaviors that can place the student and others at risk. These behaviors include: bullying, cyberbullying, teen dating violence, sexting, suicide, gangs, sexual harassment and substance abuse. Components of this effort include: media, education, response and support, reporting and evaluation. Through the reporting component, students are now able to report a concern through e-mail, text, by phone or by using the "friends 4 life" button below on any of the topics listed above and more.
The initiative will focus on one topic each month. Each topic listed below will take you to a separate page with web resources and other important information. In addition to the resources listed below, a student pledge card has been designed for use with this initiative.
The schedule of topics for this school year is:
Month /// Secondary Poster /// Elementary Poster
September /// Suicide /// Hurting Yourself
October /// Bullying/Cyberbullying /// Bullying/Cyberbullying
November /// Substance Abuse /// Substance Abuse
January /// Sexting /// Lying
February /// Teen Dating Violence /// Being Mean
March /// Gangs /// Cheating
April /// Sexual Harassment /// Disrespect
May /// Violence /// Violence
Director, Counseling Services
Get involved... participate in the week set aside to educate everyone about suicide prevention! The Future is Bright: A Week of Suicide Prevention
- Monday - post a GREEN SCREEN to destigmatize mental health issues! Green is the color for Mental Health awareness.
- Tuesday - Hashtag Tuesday get your picture made with the #signs and post them on our social media platforms Instagram @unitedvoices4change and @disrespectinok Twitter @disrespectinok and Facebook our pages are It's Not Okay and Fort Worth ISD UV4C. You can find us on Facebook @disrespectinok
- Wednesday - wear Teal or Purple to promote suicide awareness! Know the warning signs of suicide.
- Thursday - wear SPORTS Apparel to team up against suicidewear Teal or Purple to promote suicide awareness!
- Friday - wear a college T-shirt or bright colors acknowledge THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT