View updated Gold Seal information here.
(Friday, January 29, 2021) -- Seize this golden opportunity.
The Fort Worth ISD will begin accepting late applications for its 2021-2022 Gold Seal Schools and Programs of Choice on Monday, February 1.
The District will host two late application webinars -- one for high school and another for middle and elementary -- at 6 p.m. February 1 and 2 for families who missed the opportunity to apply for Gold Seal in December. Families of eighth graders and incoming pre-kindergarten through fifth grade students will have an opportunity to speak with Gold Seal officials and specialists about its high school and elementary programs and ask questions about the late applications process. For more details on how to register for the webinars, visit www.fwisd.org/choice.
Students may apply through September for Programs and Schools of Choice where space is available. Unlike the general application window in December in which applicants were admitted by a computer-generated lottery, late applicants will be assigned to a school or program in the order they apply – first come, first serve.
The following schools/programs are accepting late applications for the 2021-22 academic year:
- Carter-Riverside High School: Ninth grade Information Technology/ Computer Maintenance P-TECH Academy
- Arlington Heights High School: Ninth and 10th grade Dance and ninth grade Livestock Production, Veterinary Medical Assistant, Agriculture Mechanics
- South Hills High School: Ninth and 10th grade Computer Science and Support; Culinary Arts; ninth grade Software Development/IT/ User Experience P-TECH Academy; ninth grade Video Game Design and ninth and 10th grade Welding
- Diamond-Hill Jarvis High School: Ninth and 10th grade Veterinary Medical Assistant and ninth grade Welding
- Dunbar High School: Ninth grade Automotive Technology; Aviation; ninth and 10th grade Collegiate Academy; ninth grade Cosmetology and ninth and 10th grade Manufacturing P-TECH Academy
- Eastern Hills High School: Ninth and 10th grade Cybersecurity P-TECH Academy and Public Service
- North Side High School: Ninth and 10th grade Culinary Arts; Mariachi and ninth grade Medical Professions P-TECH Academy
- Polytechnic High School: Ninth grade Automotive Technology; Ninth and 10th grade Computer Service and Support; ninth grade Culinary Arts and ninth and 10th grade Education P-TECH Academy
- Paschal High School: 10th grade AP Capstone Academy and Computer Science
- Trimble Tech High School: Ninth grade Computer Service and Support; Cybersecurity; Digital Logistics and Engineering; Mill and Cabinet Technology and Retail and Entrepreneurship
- Southwest High School: Ninth grade Broadcast Journalism and Media Technology; Ninth and 10th grade Collegiate Academy; Music and Sound Design and ninth grade Welding
- Western Hills High School: Ninth grade Applied Learning Academy; ninth and 10th grade Computer Service and Support
- O.D. Wyatt High School: Ninth grade Automotive Technology; ninth and 10th grade Collegiate Academy; Construction Technology; ninth grade Culinary Arts; ninth and 10th grade Medical
- Como Montessori: Kindergarten- fourth grade
- Benbrook Middle High School: Ninth grade AP Capstone Academy
- Young Women’s Leadership Academy: Ninth grade
- Texas Academy of Biomedical Sciences: Ninth grade Early College High School
- Young Men’s Leadership Academy: Grades six, nine and 10
- World Languages Institute: Ninth grade
- Marine Creek Collegiate High: Ninth grade Early College High School
- Tarrant County College South Campus/ Collegiate High School: P-TECH Early College High School
- I.M. Terrell Academy for STEM and VPA: ninth and 10th grade Band; Choir; Dance; Orchestra; Piano; STEM; Theater and ninth grade Visual Art
- J.T. Stevens Elementary School: K-5 Applied Learning Center
- Riverside Applied Learning Center: Grades K-5
Gold Seal Programs of Choice and Schools of Choice appeal to student interests and passions and equip students with skills to thrive in college and the workforce. The rigorous program categories include aviation, cybersecurity, cosmetology, fine arts, STEM, Early College High School, P-TECH (Pathways in Technology) and much more. The programs allow students to complete high school college-and-career-ready and with opportunities to obtain multiple college credits, professional licensures and certifications.
Don't miss out on this golden opportunity.
Learn more about FWISD’s Gold Seal Programs and Schools of Choice at www.fwisd.org/choice.