The mission of the District’s Art Education Department is to provide a rigorous, comprehensive, and quality Art Education Program for all students through a partnership of educators, parents, business, cultural and community leaders. Every child can learn and be successful, creative, and expressive through the Visual Arts. Art is vital and important, and it provides a vision of excellence and achievement. Resources and services will be provided to promote strong Visual Arts Programs in the schools with a commitment to the following:
- Provide exemplary programs in the Visual Arts utilizing the Fort Worth ISD curriculum framework
- Provide supplies, materials, and resources to implement the Visual Arts Program at each campus
- Encourage high standards of achievement through the Visual Arts
- Provide increased level of participation in the Visual Arts events, contests, exhibitions, and other recognition opportunities.
- Increase student participation in the Visual Arts and foster support for the learning environment
- Provide an equitable opportunity for all students at every campus to enroll in Visual Arts courses
- Implement equity in funding for all Visual Arts programs
- Promote collaborative and respectful opportunities thorough the Visual Arts and develop trust and the commitment to value all people
- Assist in promoting the building of capacity for sustained academic improvement on the campus level and connect the Visual Arts to the academic courses where appropriate
- Provide state-of-the-art Visual Arts supplies, materials, equipment, and facilities with continuing equipment upgrade and replacement
- Develop a community of student artists and art educators
Many thanks to the Class of 1967 for their generous donation to the Art program.
“Art is a nation’s most precious heritage. For it is in our works of art that we reveal to ourselves and to others the inner vision which guides us as a nation. And where there is no vision, the people perish.” – Lyndon Johnson, on signing into existence the National Endowment on the Arts