- Waverly Park Elementary School
Return to Headlines
Participate in The Blue Zones Project Student Summit: Blue Zones is going virtual this year!
The Blue Zones Project Student Summit is going virtual this year!
Students will have an opportunity to participate via interactive online videos that promote well-being through yoga, mindfulness, gratitude, cooking, and physical activities.
Every student who participates will receive a
Blue Zones Project T-shirt AND be entered to
win one of nine (9) Grand Prizes: a FAMILY
FUN PACK that includes four (4) helmets plus
a choice of a bike, scooter, or skateboard for
four (4) family members. Mix and match up
to four items! The elementary school and
secondary school with the most participants
will each win a $1,000 shopping spree for PE
or recess equipment.
¡La Cumbre Estudiantil del Proyecto Zonas Azules se va a virtualar este año! Los estudiantes tendrán la oportunidad de participar a través de videos interactivos en línea que promueven el bienestar a través del yoga, la atención plena, la gratitud, la cocina y las actividades físicas.
Cada estudiante que participe recibirá un
Blue Zones Project Camiseta Y ser ingresado para
ganar uno de los nueve (9) Grandes Premios: una FAMILIA
PAQUETE FUN que incluye cuatro (4) cascos más
una opción de una bicicleta, scooter o monopatín para
cuatro (4) miembros de la familia. Mezclar y combinar
a cuatro artículos! La escuela primaria y
secundaria con más participantes
cada uno ganará una fiesta de compras de $1,000 para PE
o equipo de recreo.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can participate?
- Any student in grades K-12 in a Fort Worth or Tarrant County school (public, private, or home-schooled) may participate.
- Must a student’s school be a Blue Zones Project approved or participating school to participate in the summit?
- No, we welcome all students from all area schools to participate.
- How do students participate?
- Students should first go to Blue Zones Project Fort Worth’s YouTube page anytime between November 16-30, 2020 to access the videos: tinyurl.com/VirtualStudentSummit. Videos are available in both English and Spanish. After each video, the student is asked to then complete a brief activity. When they have viewed and completed the activities from their chosen videos, they submit their entry through a Google Form.
English Google Form: tinyurl.com/yxq7o8rc
Spanish Google Form: tinyurl.com/y4n2enas
- Where and when can students view the videos?
- We hope that schools will make the Blue Zones Project Virtual Student Summit an activity to be conducted during P.E. class time or as a school-wide virtual wellness event. We leave that up to each school’s P.E. teacher, principal, or wellness coordinators. But students can also view the videos at home, during afterschool programs, and/or on their own time as desired. We encourage parents to view the videos with their child and support each activity. Parents should ask their child’s teacher what his or her school’s plans are for Summit participation.
- Do schools or parents have to register before students can participate?
- No, neither have to register. Just go to the YouTube channel and watch the videos any time beginning November 16.
- Does the student submit a new Google Form for each video?
- No, each student will submit just one Google Form. On the form they will indicate which videos they viewed and answer some additional questions.
- If a family has more than one student participating, can they submit one Google Form for every student in the family?
- No, each student should submit their own Google Form.
- What email address should the student use on the Google Form?
- Google Forms should be submitted using the parent or guardian’s email since students may not receive emails outside their school district. It’s ok to use the same parent email if more than one student in a family is participating.
- What do students receive for participating?
- In addition to improving their well-being and having fun through activities such as cooking, yoga, and mindfulness, each participant will receive a Blue Zones Project T-Shirt. Additionally, each participant will be automatically entered to win one of nine Grand Prize Family Fun Packs. Winners will get to choose up to four bikes, scooters, or skateboards (or any combination of four items) for their family.
- Do students have to watch every video to receive a T-shirt or be eligible for the Grand Prize?
- No, students can view one or all videos, or any number in between to be entered into the drawing. However, for each video they view and complete, they’ll receive an additional entry into the Grand Prize!
- Do students receive multiple T-shirts if they view more than one video?
- No, each participant only receives one T-shirt.
- How and when will students receive their T-shirts and how will they know if they’ve won one of the Grand Prizes?
- T-shirts for participants will be delivered to students’ schools in early December (so students need to be sure to indicate what school they attend on the Google Form). If a student is home-schooled or is participating on their own, the T-shirt will likely be mailed. Grand Prize winners will be notified in early December directly through the email address used on the Google Form.
- Do schools receive anything if their students participate in the summit?
- Yes! The elementary school and the secondary school with the most participants will each receive a $1,000 shopping spree for P.E. or recess equipment.
- Can students watch the videos after November 30?
- Yes, the summit videos can be viewed any time and will remain on the Blue Zones Project YouTube channel. However, all Google Forms must be submitted by November 30 for the student to be eligible for the T-shirt and entered into the Grand Prize drawing.
- What if I have more questions?
- Please contact AdjoaBrown@texashealth.org with any additional questions or inquiries.
- Where can I learn more about Blue Zones Project?
- Visit LiveLongFortWorth.com to learn more about how Blue Zones Project is helping to improve health and well-being in our schools, at home, and in our community.