801 West Jessamine Fort Worth, TX 76110
In an effort to help prevent the spread of communicable disease, the following list of signs and symptoms of infection is one that parents
should use as criteria for keeping their sick child home from school.
· Temperature of 100.0º or greater
*(The student may not return to school until he/she is fever free for 24 hours without the use
of fever suppressing medications.)*
· A rash with fever
· Sore Throat
· Persistent coughing or breathing problems
· Loss of appetite
· Yellowing of the whites of the eyes or of the skin
· Persistent irritability or crying
· Unusual tiredness
· Medications (including over-the-counter medications) must be in original, properly labeled containers.
· Medications (including over-the-counter medications) will not be given without a specific written request signed by at least one parent or
legal guardian and physician/licensed prescriber.
· Herbal medications, dietary supplements and other nutritional aids (even cough drops) not approved as medication by
the FDA may not be administered at school.