- Trimble Tech High School
New School Year Attendance Expectations
The first day of the 2020 school year will be Tuesday, Sept. 8. The Fort Worth ISD school board has determined the first four weeks of the new school year will be conducted online only as to prevent possible outbreaks caused by the current COVID-19 pandemic. This fall, students will notice changes to the online learning enviornment, including required daily attendance and the A/B class schedule.
In order to receive course credit, a student must be present 90% of the time. This rule will be enforced with Fort Worth ISD and Texas Education Agency guidelines for teachers and their virtual students.
- Teachers will mark daily, class attendance in FOCUS
- A student may be present under the following engagement measures:
- daily progress in the learning management system
- daily progress via teacher-student interactions
- completion/ submission of assignments from student to teacher
As stated before, students will spend the first four weeks of school engaging with teachers and classmates online. This process will be more structured than online classes were in the spring. Principal Ramos and the administrative team have developed a Virtual Schedule that keeps with the school's current A/B block schedule, a series of four (4) 90-minute class periods. Periods 1- 4 will be held on A days and periods 5- 8 on B days.
- The first 30 minutes of each class period will be synchronous
- Synchronous: direct instruction and teacher-guided practice
- The second 30 minutes of each class period will be asynchronous
- Asynchronous: independent study, labs, small group collaboration
- The last 30 minutes of each class period will be teacher office hours
- Office hours: additional assistance from teacher
Trimble Tech High School 2020 Virtual Schedule on A/B Block:
Period 1/5 from 8:15- 9:45 a.m.
Period 2/6 from 9:50- 11:20 a.m.
Lunch from 11:25 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
Period 3/7 from 12:20- 1:50 p.m.
Period 4/8 from 1:55- 3:25 p.m.
Click here to visit the FWISD Forward: Return to Learning page for more helpful tools about the return to school this year.