- Trimble Tech High School
Return to Campus Plan: Dates and Schedules
The Trimble Tech High School administration and staff unveiled a plan to welcome students gradually returning to campus for in-person learning. This new plan comes less than a week after Fort Worth ISD Trustees agreed to a new timeline for reopening campuses in midst of the Covid pandemic.
In an effort to keep students and employees safe, district administrators are allowing high school campuses to adopt a hybrid schedule to rotate in-person students. The plan slipts students into two groups that will alternate two days of in-person and two days of virtual education. The two cohorts would then attend school every other Friday.
Important dates for Bulldogs returning to campus:
- Monday, Sept. 28 - All TTHS teachers return to campus
- Thursday - Friday, Oct, 1-2 - No synchronous instruction, classroom prep for in-person learning
- Monday, Oct. 5 - Freshmen return, Green cohort (see below)
- Monday, Oct. 12 - No School/ Teacher Flex Day
- Tuesday, Oct. 13 - Sophomores return
- Monday, Oct. 19 - Juniors and Seniors return
All FWISD high schools will start a hybrid model for students returning for face-to-face instruction.
Based on the student's last name, students will be assigned a cohort. Our campus cohorts are labeled "Green" and "White". Students with the first letter of their last name A through L will be in the green cohort. Students with last names starting with M through Z will be in the white cohort. The groups will rotate days they are on campus. Each cohort will attend an A day and B day in person before rotating to virtual instruction. The cohorts will alternate attending in person every other Friday.
Freshmen Return Week Cohort Schedule:
- Monday, Oct. 5 - Tuesday, Oct. 6: Green Cohort
- Wednesday, Oct. 7 - Thursday, Oct. 8: White Cohort
- Friday, Oct. 9: Green Cohort
Trimble Tech's bell schedule will remain the same with the exception of lunch. This school year year we will have two lunch periods. Dividing the students and staff into separate lunch periods will limit the number of people in the cafeteria and common areas and keep the school in compliance with social distancing guidelines.
Arrival and dismissal
Grade level will determine when students are allowed to the building and dismissed for the day.
Arriving at school, students will remain outside until the bell rings. Freshmen will be called and admitted into the building first. Sophomores, juniors and seniors will follow as their grade level is announced over the PA. In the event of rain or cold weather, students waiting outside will report to the auditorium where they will sit alternating rows and chairs until the first bell and they are dismissed by grade level.
All students who eat breakfast will report to the cafeteria.
The number of buses unloading is limited to 3 at a time. Bus riders may have to wait until their driver is cleared before they get off the bus.
At the end of the day, bus riders will be dismissed first. Freshmen will be released by announcement at 3:10 p.m. Every five minutes an announcement will be made and the next grade level will be dismissed. Students who walk, ride or drive to school will exit the building near the cafeteria onto College Avenue. Grades 9 and 11 will be dismissed at 3:30 p.m. Students in grades 10 and 12 will be dismissed at 3:35 p.m.
Early dismissal procedures requires notification from a parent or guardian. The attendance office has provided the following guidelines for all early dismissals during the 2020-21 school year:
Requests must be emailed with the following information, 2 hours prior to time of early dismissal:
- Student's first and last name, ID number
- Reason for early dismissal
- Time for early dismissal
- Phone number for parent/ guardian to verify request
- Name of person picking student up; must be listed as an emergency contact on student's record
- Phone calls will be accepted under extenuating circumstances
- Call: 817-815-2505
- The person visiting the school to pickup any student must bring a valid picture ID and be listed as an emergency contact on the student's record