- Fort Worth ISD
FWISD Accepts Gold Seal Late Applications
Fort Worth ISD is now accepting late applications for its Gold Seal Programs and Schools of Choice.
The District began accepting online late applications for the 2019-2020 school year, Friday, March 1 and will receive submissions through this September. Students submitting a late application may only apply for one program. Access the Gold Seal late application at www.fwisd.org/choice.
Because all applications are submitted online, it’s extremely important that parents have an active email address prior to starting the application process. District employees submitting applications for their own children may use their active directory login. Families who’ve previously created an online Gold Seal account may use the same username and password to access the late application.
Wait list information will be available beginning March 19, 2019.
The following Gold Seal Programs and Schools of Choice have available spaces or opportunities for potential spaces to open:
- A.M. Pate: Grades K-2 and 5
- J.T. Stevens: Grades K-5
- Como (B-Sharp): Grades K-5
- Hazel Harvey Peace: Grades 2-4
- Morningside (STEM): Grades 1-5
- Como Montessori: Grades K-8
- Riverside Applied Learning Center: Grades K-5
- Applied Learning Academy: Grades 6 and 7
- Jacquet (Engineering): Grades 6-8
- Wedgwood: Fine arts through band, grades 7 and 8; Pre-engineering, grades 7 and 8
- Leonard Project Lead the Way (PLTW): Grades 6-8
- Meacham (Robotics): Grades 6-8
- Meadowbrook: STEM Preparatory Academy
- Monnig: All Visual and Performing Arts Preparatory Academy programs, grades 6-8
- Young Women’s Leadership Academy: Grades 7-10
- Young Men’s Leadership Academy: Grade 7
- World Languages Institute: Grades 9 and 10
- Arlington Heights: Creative Heights for Art Portfolio; Dance; Musical Theater;
Heights Agriculture; Animal and Veterinary Sciences
- Benbrook: Benbrook Entrepreneur Student Training (B.E.S.T)
- Diamond Hill: Architecture Design; Engineering and Robotics
- Dunbar: Aviation and Drone Engineering; Collegiate Academy at P.L. Dunbar HS Grades 9 and 10
- Eastern Hills: Fire Science Technology; Legal Services and Public Safety
- North Side: Culinary; Hospitality and Event Management; Medical Professions; Music Excellence Through Mariachi Education; Scholars Academy
- Poly: Teaching and Learning
- Trimble Tech: Ninth-graders only for Administration and Management; Computer Programming; Education and Training; Financial Management and Accounting; Printing and Imaging
- Southwest- Fine Arts Through Music Excellence Band; Contemporary Music; Southwest Engineering Academy (IPAS)
- Western Hills: Cougar Academy Featuring International Baccalaureate (IB)
- Wyatt: Collegiate Academy at O.D. Wyatt HS; Culinary Arts and Restaurant Management, Health Science Technology
- Marine Creek: Grades 9 and 10
- TCC South: Grades 9 and 10
- I.M. Terrell- All ninth-grade only programs
Gold Seal Programs of Choice and Schools of Choice appeal to student interests and passions and equip students with skills to thrive in college and the workforce. The rigorous program categories include engineering, agriculture, business administration, fine arts, government and law, health science, hospitality, marketing, public safety, technology, visual and graphic arts and STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) just to list a few. The programs allow students to finish high school college-and-career-ready and with opportunities to obtain multiple college credits, licensures and certifications.