The Fort Worth ISD is implementing a major change in its student “Meals To Go” program aimed at improving the safety of all involved.
Beginning the week of April 13, the meal distribution will be adjusted from daily (Monday through Friday) to a two-day a week schedule (Monday and Thursday). The District will provide six meals per child on each distribution day beginning at noon. This will improve the efficiency of providing more meals to children, while better practicing CDC guidelines of social distancing.
The first distribution day under this new format will actually be on Tuesday, April 14 because Monday, April 13 is a student holiday. The second meal distribution day will be Thursday, April 16. The regular Monday and Thursday distribution cycle will begin the week of April 20.
The Fort Worth ISD has decided to implement this change because it:
- Provides an increase in the recommended social distancing guidelines and reduces gatherings for parents and students from five days a week to two days per week,
- Promotes more parent and student engagement in online instruction daily versus the time required to pick up meals daily,
- Reduces employee interaction from five days to two days per week,
- Supports the City of Fort Worth’s Safer at Home resolution,
- And, follows Texas Department of Agriculture revised regulations.
The “Meals To Go’ Program has been a successful partnership between the District and its food service vendor Sodexo MAGIC.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and the Fort Worth ISD Mobile App for the latest information