- Morningside Middle School
Secondary School Transfer Requests Accepted March 1-29
Fort Worth ISD families may start submitting secondary school transfer requests for the 2019-2020 school year, Friday, March 1, 2019.
Parents may request their child be transferred from their home school to another campus, where space is available, through March 29. Public Education Grant (PEG) transfers from low-performing schools, will also be accepted during the timeframe. However, a student may not transfer to another low-performing school.
Request forms are available at secondary schools, and parents are responsible for taking the completed form to the school they anticipate transferring their child to.
The following are FWISD closed campuses that will accept transfers but place students on a wait list (*the waiting list does not apply to Programs of Choice at the following campuses):
- Benbrook Middle-High School*
- Arlington Heights High*
- Paschal High*
- South Hills*
- McLean Middle School
- McLean 6th Grade Center
- Carter-Riverside High*
- J.P. Elder Middle School*
The following are FWISD Programs of Choice that are not accepting transfers:
- I.M. Terrell Academy for STEM and VPA
- Marine Creek Collegiate
- Trimble Tech High
- World Languages Institute
- Young Men’s Leadership Academy
- Young Women’s Leadership Academy
- Applied Learning Academy
- Como Montessori
- Daggett Montessori
Schools named to the PEG List received an Improvement Required rating for both student achievement and school progress in August 2018. A state mandate allows parents with children assigned to a PEG campus to request transfer to another school or district.
The following are PEG secondary schools in FWISD:
- Monnig Middle School
- Jacquet Middle School
- Leonard Middle School
Requests will be approved in the order of:
- A sibling of a resident student currently enrolled at the requested school
- A child of a resident District employee
- A District resident that resides outside the attendance area of the requested school
- A child of a nonresident District employee
- A nonresident student, subject to tuition
Families will receive transfer approval/denial notifications by April 15. Parents may appeal denied transfer requests to Secondary School Leadership, April 16- May 6, 2019.
Transfer requests may be denied for the following reasons:
- The child wants to move
- The child dislikes the school, teacher, area
- The school is closer to the parent’s job
- The child’s friends attend the other school
A transfer, once made, shall remain in effect as long as the student is in the same school. Parents will be responsible for transporting their child if granted a general transfer.