- Riverside Middle School
Secondary School Transfer Requests Accepted March 2-31, 2020
Fort Worth ISD families may start submitting secondary school transfer requests for the 2020-2021 school year beginning Monday, March 2, 2020. A transfer, once made, shall remain in effect as long as the student is in the same school. Parents will be responsible for transporting their child if granted a general transfer.
Parents may request a transfer from their child’s home school to another campus, where space is available, through March 31, 2020. Public Education Grant (PEG) transfers from low-performing schools will also be accepted during this timeframe. However, a student from a PEG campus may not transfer to another low-performing school. Campuses that have been identified as PEG campuses have already received transfer information.
Families may retrieve transfer forms from their child’s home school. Parents are responsible for taking the completed form to the school where they are requesting a transfer.
Several FWISD campuses have been identified as closed campuses because they are near their maximum enrollment capacity. However, these campuses may accept transfer requests, but they will be placed on a wait list and enrolled based on available space. (*The wait list does not apply to Programs of Choice). Please see the identified closed campuses below:
- Benbrook Middle-High School
- Arlington Heights High School
- Carter-Riverside High School
- Paschal High School
- South Hills High School
- North Side High School
- Diamond Hill-Jarvis High School
- McLean Middle School
- McLean 6th Grade Center
- J.P. Elder Middle School
The following are FWISD Schools of Choice and DO NOT accept transfers:
- I.M. Terrell Academy for STEM and VPA
- Marine Creek Collegiate
- Trimble Tech High
- Texas Academy of Biomedical Sciences
- TCC South Collegiate High School
- World Languages Institute
- Young Men’s Leadership Academy
- Young Women’s Leadership Academy
- Applied Learning Academy
- Como Montessori
- Daggett Montessori
Transfer requests will be approved in the order of:
- A PEG student applying from a school within the District.
- A resident sibling of a resident student currently enrolled at the requested school.
- A child of a resident District employee.
- A resident of the District, but residing outside the attendance area of the requested school.
- A child of a nonresident District employee.
- A PEG student applying from a school outside the District.
- A nonresident student, subject to
Families will receive transfer approval/denial notifications by April 17, 2020. Parents may appeal denied transfer requests to Secondary School Leadership between April 20, 2020 - May 8, 2020.
For additional information, view the Secondary School Open Transfer FAQ.