FWISD Announces Employee Report Start, End Date Changes
Fort Worth ISD’s report start and end dates for the 2020-2021 academic year have been modified for employees who work less than 240 days annually. The change aligns with the Board of Education’s recent decision to delay the opening of the 2020-21 school year until September 8 and offering at-home online instruction the first four weeks. If you have any questions, please consult your immediate supervisor.
District employees will report to work for the new academic year on the following dates:
- August 10: High school counselor clerks, admission advisers, Child Nutrition Services specialists, middle school counselors and data clerks and all other 198-workday personnel
- August 17: All 193-workday personnel
- August 24: Elementary counselors, middle school counselor clerks, elementary clerks, all other 188-workday personnel, librarians, nurses, campus monitors and all other 187-workday personnel
- August 31: Classroom teachers
The Fort Worth ISD New Teacher Academy for new teachers and educators new to the District is slated for August 24-28.
Report start and end dates for Early College High School classroom teachers are to be determined. Teachers must contact their immediate supervisor for their start and end contract dates.
Payroll dates do not change as a result of modifications to the instructional calendar, and veteran teacher payroll checks will remain consistent with the payroll schedule for many Texas school districts, according to FWISD officials. Teachers will be paid monthly, beginning in September 2020 and through August 2021. District officials are currently finalizing plans for a partial payment to first-year teachers who would not receive an August paycheck.
“We recognize our new teachers have questions about compensation due to the delay start and are committed to providing relief to the extent we are allowed by law,” said Karen Molinar, FWISD deputy superintendent.
All 202, 217, 215 and 210-workday personnel returned to work July 27, followed by 202-workday employees on Monday, August 3. The District’s 198-workday employees report to work on Monday, August 10.
FWISD 220, 217 and 215-workday employees must report to work for Fall Break (October 12, 2020), Cesar Chavez and Dolores Huerta Day of Service (March 29, 2021) and scheduled snow days (February 15 and April 19, 2021). Employees who work 210, 198, 193, 188, 187 and 183 days respectively are off work those days. If snow days are used, make-up days will be added to the end of contracts for employees who work less than 240 days annually.
Employees who work 220 days must report to work on Good Friday, April 2, 2021, and Memorial Day, May 31, 2021.
The 2020-2021 academic year concludes for students on June 18, 2021.
Most employee contracts will end between June 21 and 30. The District has finalized the following report end dates:
- June 21, 2021: Librarians; nurses; campus monitors; 187-workday personnel; classroom teachers and all 202-workday personnel
- June 22, 2021: Elementary counselors; middle school counselor clerks; elementary clerks; high school counselor clerks; admission advisers; Child Nutrition Services specialists; middle school counselors and data clerks; and all other 188, 193 and 198-workday personnel
- June 24, 2021: Elementary assistant principals; high school counselors,
Licensed Specialists in School Psychology (LSSPs); dyslexia evaluators/ assessors; and all other 210-workday personnel
- June 25, 2021: Secondary assistant principals; elementary and middle school secretaries; high school data clerks; and all other 215-workday personnel
- June 29, 2021: All 217-workday personnel
- June 30, 2021: All elementary and middle school principals, Family Communications specialists and all other 220-workday personnel
For additional details, click here for the updated 2020-2021 report start and end date calendar for employees who work less than 240 days annually.