- Arlington Heights High School
- Arlington Heights Pyramid News
Leadership Academy FAQ's
The new Fort Worth ISD Leadership Academies embrace a strong culture of high expectations. Students, teachers, and parents will all receive a multitude of resources to ensure student success. Leadership Academy teachers and administrators were selected and identified as highly-qualified educators. These selected faculty and staff members have made a commitment to improving the academic campus culture while the District has reorganized its efforts to engage in a three-year campaign to make steady improvements, as well. The Leadership Academies are supported by District funds and a $1-million-dollar gift from the Richard Rainwater Charitable Foundation, a longtime champion of public education. The donation from the Rainwater Foundation will pay for after-school activities and tutoring. Additional donations will pay for student uniforms.
At every Leadership Academy:
- An additional hour of instruction will be provided. The school day will be extended by one hour.
- The campus will be open until 6 p.m. for optional student support in intervention as well as for enrichment opportunities.
- The schools will serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day.
- Mastery of the material will be a primary focus with teachers providing additional opportunities for students to revisit the material and retake assessments/redo assignments whenever possible.
- Schools will offer resources to strengthen character and behavior.
- Leadership Academy students will experience a growth mindset and become engaged in the classrooms in ways that connects with their reality.
Doors Open: 7:30 a.m.
School Starts: 8:00 a.m.
Class Dismissal: 4:00 p.m.
Doors Close: 6:00 p.m.
Application: Please speak with the front office for an application. After-School Hours: 4:00 - 6:00 pm
For student grades and attendance information, visit www.fwisd.org/parentportal. Download the Fort Worth ISD App for weather, report cards, and other announcements.
If enrolled in enrichment service, students may receive dinner.
Breakfast: 7:30-7:55 a.m.
Lunch: Check with teacher
Dinner: 5:30-6:00 p.m.
Two shirts, one pant and one short will be provided for each student. If you would like to purchase other khaki pants or skirts, please follow Fort Worth ISD Standards of Dress Guidelines
For additional uniforms or other apparel, an online store will be available. Check your campus webpage for a link starting July 31.
Please see the front office for routes, schedules, and bus numbers or visit www.fwisd.org/transportation.
Interested in volunteering at your student's school? Visit www.fwisd.org/volunteer to apply.