Gem for a Day
Your 5th grader can be a Gem For A Day!
Each Wednesday from 8am - 11:45 your student can shadow a 6th grade Gem through her morning classes and lunch. A parent informational session will be held in the Parent Pavilion during the last 30 minutes of the visit while the students are at lunch (11:15-11:45).
Dates & Times:
10/30 - 8am
11/6 - 8am
11/13 - 8am
11/20 - 8am
If you are interested in having your student visit, please email our College & Career Readiness Advisor, Therese Harkowa, at Therese.Harkowa@fwisd.org with the Parent Name, Student Name, Parent Email, Parent Phone, and Name of Current School.
Please Note the following important infomation about your student's visit:
- Reservations for each Wednesday must be made no later than Monday of that week.
- Gems For A Day must report to the main office to meet with Ms. Harkowa at 8:00 am
- Parents cannot shadow current students.
- Parents, please provide your student with lunch or money to purchase lunch.
- This visit is an excused absence. Students will receive a note to return to current school.